El Dorado Scores

Robin, Road Dog & I, have been working some new ditches. Nothing to jump up and down about compaired to some of our multi-pound patches, but enough to keep the skunks off our backs after humping the hills for several months and untold miles in our boots. Today, Steve escaped from the Man-Cave and we hit the ditches and started to weed our way through the loads of trash targets. And hour into the hunt Steve, gave me a yell to come see him...he wanted to show me this target he had. It was a nice classic dink nugget target, but 13" away was a big overload target. I told Steve, the little one sounds great, but I'd dig that boomer first and that his 12x15 Commander Mono just might be picking it up just that much. Well, guess what...Steve busted the skunk that little sweet sound was a .5 dwt'er, great shooting for sure. It wasn't much later, I noticed Steve digging a nice big hole and he radio'd me to tell me it sounds real sweet and getting real loud. He was just out of the nugget line by 25-30 feet and sure as anything, he yells for me that he has a keeper. I had to see what he was eye-balling and I tell you he found the biggest nugget yet to be found on the ditches...1/4 oz even (Steve, is known for his 1st hunts with me on fresh spots. ref his 6 oz'er). Now, all I have is his scoop picture with dirty nuggets. But, this nugget is a looker with a nice little piece of white quartz on one side and some red quartz on the other. The nugget in spots is coated with red stain (reminded me of some dredged gold out of the red/iron hardpack). I've never seen this feature before in this area...I hope Steve post a picture of it cleaned up a little. We had a great day, but the wind was getting the best of us and headed home with 2 nuggets each. Great hunting and until our next hunt!

I'm heading to Arizona tomorrow for a few day's no-time to hunt AZ...maybe next time gents!

LuckyLundy

8Feb11SteveNug50.jpg

Good job y'all!!!

Steve ...WOW...you came out of the man-cave swinging!!!!

Good job brother, AIRBORNE!

See you all when I can,,,San Diego is being slow as molasses on hiring!!!

But i am chilling in AZ....Nevada has given me a firm offer for a May hire. Yaaahooooooo....

I am swinging a 2100V2 right now, and almost choked the other day when i went across a lead bullet,,,,,sounded soooo sweet...

I love you all---and keep 'em coming!

Ahhhhhh, the Motherlode...

Good job y'all!!!

Steve ...WOW...you came out of the man-cave swinging!!!!

Good job brother, AIRBORNE!

See you all when I can,,,San Diego is being slow as molasses on hiring!!!

But i am chilling in AZ....Nevada has given me a firm offer for a May hire. Yaaahooooooo....

I am swinging a 2100V2 right now, and almost choked the other day when i went across a lead bullet,,,,,sounded soooo sweet...

I love you all---and keep 'em coming!

Ahhhhhh, the Motherlode...

C'mon Paul, get that Minelab over a BIG ONE so I can put out a press release about "An AGA Graduate!" :rolleyes: Terry

Archived