Lapis for Eldorado...Guido

Hello all and Eldorado! concerning your earlier request Eldorado...well, after a rain out last weekend at the Bazaar I thought for sure I would miss this weekend too! The Boss let me go with a half hour to spare before the Bazaar closed down. After succoring around the place looking at the best Lapis I could find, there was a lot of calcite and pyrite in the samples. I believe this was the BEST piece I could locate. I must admit it makes my sample look bad. It is two kilos in weight and as you can see in the photos it is deep blue with a little pyrite, almost two inches thick. The comb was put next to it for scale. I hope it meets your approval. I can deliver when I get back to the States. Dont feel obligated if you dont like the piece or need it for whatever reason; I can keep it myself if you dont want it...Let me know! I also enclose a picture of a wall decor to remind me of Afghanistan, a two cylinder Hemi camel! I have 10 days and a wake-up and its time to GO! Too bad I will have to come back later this year:( The bastards here did a rocket attack last night at 2:00am! Uncool...See you soon Eldorado...Guido

post-21178-129812117022_thumb.jpg

post-21178-129812122069_thumb.jpg

post-21178-129812124671_thumb.jpg

post-21178-129812252421_thumb.jpg

WOW That is awesome, I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT LOTS. I can't wait to start using it in some jewelry, especially for Mrs. El Dorado... she loves Lapis! I cannot thank you enough. Keep your head down and please let our troops know I wish them all well and a hearty thanks from the USA. I hated those rockets too!

WOW That is awesome, I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT LOTS. I can't wait to start using it in some jewelry, especially for Mrs. El Dorado... she loves Lapis! I cannot thank you enough. Keep your head down and please let our troops know I wish them all well and a hearty thanks from the USA. I hated those rockets too!

Hello Eldorado...I am glad you like the rock. I was getting concern that I would not get to the Bazaar. I have one weekend left and we have to work it. Neat looking rock! Some of the guys loved to look at it for a while. We will work out the details when I get back on a meeting sometime in the second week of March. My Alienware Area51 ALX computer will be coming around then, dieing to turn that on! Take care and say hello to Mrs.Eldorado..Sincerely; Guido

Guido,

That specimen is gorgeous! I don't think anyone would be displeased with that... unless they're stupid and blind!

I have nothing to add here, other than -

Sincerely, I appreciate your service to your country and wish you and all your fellow soldiers a safe and healthy return home. You are appreciated and respected by me and my entire family!

-Son of Lt. Col. USAF, ret. (who mustanged his way through!)

Guido,

That specimen is gorgeous! I don't think anyone would be displeased with that... unless they're stupid and blind!

I have nothing to add here, other than -

Sincerely, I appreciate your service to your country and wish you and all your fellow soldiers a safe and healthy return home. You are appreciated and respected by me and my entire family!

-Son of Lt. Col. USAF, ret. (who mustanged his way through!)

I would like to thank you GlennM and all that expressed good wish and safe returns for us all. I did show this to the GI's here as well and they are very gratful of your statements ,they say COOL! Sincerely; Guido....

• 4 weeks later...

Guido... thanks so very much, first of all for your service and for getting this more than beautiful Lapis rock to me all the way from Afganistan. Mrs El Dorado says it is so nice we should display it on the mantle and not to cut it. It is specatcular! thanks again. Be careful with that new plastic toy!

Archived