Gotta love White's

About three weeks ago I was out with my GMT and was detecting around a creek. I got a signal in the creek so I set my detector down on some rocks and it slid (control box) into the water. Started screaming. I pulled the batteries and put it on some heat at home. It was all back to normal working good except when turning the gain nob characters would flash all around the screen. I bought it 6 moths ago new so it was under warranty, but I didn't think they would cover obvious user error. And I sent it in with a description telling them I dropped it in a creek.

I called to check on it and they said they replaced the mainboard and are shipping it back. I asked how much it cost and they said nothing. It's under warranty so it won't cost you a thing.

That's pretty good customer service, I expected to pay something for that mistake. So yeah, thumbs up for white's!!

About three weeks ago I was out with my GMT and was detecting around a creek. I got a signal in the creek so I set my detector down on some rocks and it slid (control box) into the water. Started screaming. I pulled the batteries and put it on some heat at home. It was all back to normal working good except when turning the gain nob characters would flash all around the screen. I bought it 6 moths ago new so it was under warranty, but I didn't think they would cover obvious user error. And I sent it in with a description telling them I dropped it in a creek.

I called to check on it and they said they replaced the mainboard and are shipping it back. I asked how much it cost and they said nothing. It's under warranty so it won't cost you a thing.

That's pretty good customer service, I expected to pay something for that mistake. So yeah, thumbs up for white's!!

That is a Great story - Thanks for sharing, and what was the target?! - Terry

That is a Great story - Thanks for sharing, and what was the target?! - Terry

I don't know, I never finished digging it. I was pissed at myself that I dropped an $800 detector in water that wasn't worried about the target anymore. :) I was busy trying to set it up in the sun hoping I could get it to dry out enough to work for the rest of the day. That didn't work out... Lesson learned though.

I don't know, I never finished digging it. I was pissed at myself that I dropped an $800 detector in water that wasn't worried about the target anymore. :) I was busy trying to set it up in the sun hoping I could get it to dry out enough to work for the rest of the day. That didn't work out... Lesson learned though.

LOL! :lol: Wouldn't it be a pisser if you went back and it was a solid ouncer?! :o:D Terry

Hi all,

In my personal experience, Whites Detectors has always gone the extra mile in providing excellent customer service, anytime I have had any issue with a machine, AND if there were any charge, it was always minimal.

Thanks, Whites!

~LARGO~

I've been there to the main plant in Sweet Home Oregon and had the opportunity to spend time with one of the Whites family. The tour he gave us of the whole plant and time he spent with me really impressed me. Then we spent the afternoon browsing the museum on the premises. A great bunch of people and some sophisticated equipment in that plant. One of the very few family owned companys left in the big U.S.A. with small home town service and dependability.

:) Well Mr. Seeker... Glad to see your still out

seeking... Hey, the weather down here in Sunny California has temporarily forgot to be sunny...

I agree that White's service in great... The make

it right the first time so the service dept. is ready to junp in and fix any problems...

I have only heard one negative "bleat" about White's service and it was on another forum...

Keep em' coming George... I especially liked your great winter photos...

Archived