Minelab GP3000 Update

Well, unfortunately the deal on the GP3000 fell through. The guy never told me that the battery was dead and would not hold a charge. Though the price seemed really good, I could not see myself forking over $1,200 on a used unit that I could not test out before buying it. So I am back to saving up more money in the hopes that I can find a good deal on a used GP/GPX unit.

How about a GP3500 with only the stock 7"x14" coil and a harness for $2,800? Seems a little high to me, but I am no expert by any means.

Correction: The GP3500 came with a 11" DD coil only - no mono.

As an aside a reasonable price for a used 3500 would be in the range of $2200 to $2500 depending on after market coils and if it ha the stock batteries or the Coiltek Lithium Ion "Pocket Rocket" battery system.

Mike

Keep saving till you can get a GPX..... they are a giant leap from the GP's. I have bought a few 4000's for $2800 or less.

Ditto! Just sold a 4000 to a fellow in Maryland for $2,200.00 The deals are there, and fair market value on a used Minelab GPX4000 is around $2,100.00 (+ -) with stock coil, the battery and charger.

I agree for that price range you should be looking at a 4000 with extras i think ROB has a couple nice shape used detectors mabe even a 4000 for close to your buget. go for a Gpx you wont be happy without one my old 4000 was one of my favorites.

I agree with everyone on the GPX issue. I will just continue to save up and pick up at least a 4000 when I can find one for the right price. Rob did have a 4000 not too long ago but I didn't have the money then. Once I got it, I asked him and he had already sold it. :(

On a lighter note, since I already have my Eureka, I took the $1,200 I had set aside for the 3000 and bought a ne Keene 151 drywasher instead. I had a 140HVS but it was too small, so I sold it to get the money for the Eureka. So now that I have at least a good detector I needed a bigger & better drywasher. I don't always find gold when I go out with a detector, but I NEVER come home empty handed when I use a drywasher.

Archived