Quadzimoto will live again!

Found a quad on Craigslist from a guy in my town.
Its a Kawasaki 300 lakota or bayou...dont know the diff. yet.
Got it for 200 bucks smile.gif Sweeeet.
Need to rebuild the top end. It was burning oil.
Guy said everything else was good to go. I checked it over pretty good and everything is tight with no wear.
Go through all the systems, put a little paint on it, reapolster the seat and im off and running!
Figure i'll have about 500 in it when im done. Dont get much better then this in life!!
Tom

Yep for those of us who know how and are willing to rebuild motors the deals dont get any better.

Congrats on the Quad Im sure you will have it kickin in no time. A quad or mule Is next on the list or even maybe a old tote goat if i can find one...

Good Luck

Yep for those of us who know how and are willing to rebuild motors the deals dont get any better.

Congrats on the Quad Im sure you will have it kickin in no time. A quad or mule Is next on the list or even maybe a old tote goat if i can find one...

Good Luck

Tks Nugget:

Just keep watching Craigslist. Its a buyers market right now. :)

I do like building up my own stuff. That way you know the machine and become one with it....ewwwww!

Tom

• Admin

Hey Tom,

I think you will find that unit will have more room to carry stuff. I would outfit it with some type of case on the back or front rack for your detector and coils. Then you can use the other rack for a small cooler and other items. I normally carry my pick and coolor on the front and then have a big plastic carry case on the back for all my detector goods.

I just dropped my Polaris Sportsman 500 off at Ride-it-Now for it's 100 hour service and tuneup. The told me if nothing is wrong, it should only be about $402.00!!! :girl: Holy Cow, my own trucks tuneup and oil change combined isn't that much ...

Can't wait to see your final product on the quad.

Rob Allison

Hey Tom,

I think you will find that unit will have more room to carry stuff. I would outfit it with some type of case on the back or front rack for your detector and coils. Then you can use the other rack for a small cooler and other items. I normally carry my pick and coolor on the front and then have a big plastic carry case on the back for all my detector goods.

I just dropped my Polaris Sportsman 500 off at Ride-it-Now for it's 100 hour service and tuneup. The told me if nothing is wrong, it should only be about $402.00!!! :girl: Holy Cow, my own trucks tuneup and oil change combined isn't that much ...

Can't wait to see your final product on the quad.

Rob Allison

OUCH!!!

Drop it off over here...Ill do it for half! :)

Tom

Tom,

That's great that you can do the work yourself; I don't wanna reveal how much I've put into my craigslist 'deal' ;)

I just ordered a Disc Brake replacement kit for my Honda; seller told me it needed front brakes when I bought it - didn't realize they looked like buried sea junk! :o

Looking forward to this rain stopping so we can go up dem roads!

Here's a pic from a couple days ago - didn't wanna push the big truck further:

post-29609-0-79037100-1307460717_thumb.j

Archived