6" Gold Sniper Coiltek Coil

Does anyone have an opinion on the 6" round Gold Sniper Coiltek Coil? I've

never seen anyone saying much about it. I can find tiny pieces of gold with

the Joey...just wondering if the 6" would find more small gold.

Thanks

BTW- I was in Chandler AZ yesterday...HOT - Hot and more Hot

• Admin

Hello Miner49,

I have used the Goldstalker 6-inch Mono many times. It's a great coil for small gold and working in tight areas. The Joey is also an awesome coil. I think the 6-inch is slightly a bit more sensitive, but the Joey gets slightly more depth. I sell a bunch of both coils, so it's a toss up between the two and what you're using it for.

The Goldstalker 6-inch Round Mono is - $223.00

The Joey Mono 10x5 elliptical is - $250.00

I'm offer free shipping on all coils this month if anyone is interested.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

We sell a lot of 6 inch and I always get rave reviews from my customers that use them. But I guess bragging that you found 15 little dinky bits of gold in a worked out patch is not as impressive as finding 1 quarter ounce piece.

It's also a great coil to have around if you are using a large coil. If get a deep hole going, pulling your little 6 inch out of your back pack is a great way to pinpoint.

Doc

Yo All .. My first day out after I bought my 6" CT from Rob I found an indicator dink, about 3/4 gram, then down the gully about 100' I found a beauty 1/4 ouncer down about 8 to 10 inches deep...But it is a very sensitive coil and is somewhat uncomfortable to beep with in hot ground ...Also, despite the fact it is 6" in diameter, it seems that the effective pattern is only about 3" in diameter but it does go deeper than you would expect .... In circumstances that it is designed for, it can't be beat, but it takes skill and experience to ID the best areas and conditions to use it ...Not too long after I started hunting with it, it crapped out on me due a busted hairlike wire inside... I split open the housing horizontally and reconnected the wire by securing it with crazy glue ... Now it works as well, if not better, than when new, after supporting the paper tape inside with stronger, stickier electrical tape ... I'd say, for its purpose it is great, and not all that hard to repair if it takes a dump on you...I don't see why an internal wire that fine would be used in a coil that is intended for robust application in the field ... there is one other coil available out there that is superior for the conditions this coil is designed for, IMHO, but I won't mention it here ... Cheers, Unc

Archived