Eureka Gold 6" goldsearch coil

After searching the subject on the internet I found that from many discussions over the years

about trying to find the old Minelab 18000 6" goldsearch coil, there was alot of interest in these.

I sent an email to Coiltek asking if they had any plans on building such a coil for the Eureka Gold detector.

I got a reply from Trevor Ferraresso, saying that did not have any plans to come out with one but he would

bring it up at his next internal meetings at Coiltek.

If anyone would like to see Coiltek manufacture these coils now would be a good time to voice your opinion, I asked

Trevor to follow this discussion.

I know the old ones are very hard to get buy.

Thanks,

Miner49

I think it would be great. There are not many coils to choose from for the Eureka Gold, which is the detector I use. Thanks for generating interest.

Bill

What is it you hope to accomplish with a 6 inch round? The 5 X 10 is the equivalent of a 7.5 inch round and much more maneuverable, Is it extra sensitivity? I'm just curious as to what it is that you hope to gain.

Personally I would like to see an 11 inch round. Minelab discontinued the 11 inch round. We have the WOT coil for the Eureka Gold but I had a lot of success with the 11 inch. And for people that don't want a coil as big as the 15 inch the 11 inch was fantastic.

Doc

I'd like to see a sharpshooter size 3x5 like the little GB2 coil.

Doc,

There were some of the 6'' rounds that were "hot" some folks sent them back as too sensitive.

The distributer at the time ended up with a bin of returned VLF coils.

I've got a few good 6" rounds left. (not for sale) And we've sold the other's that i've listed in short order.

Along with the larger stock coils ( a few for sale) In fact the inquiries have increased. Makes sense with the price of gold and the wave of boomers and unemployed hitting the gold fields.

I'm kinda surprised that ML hasn't come out with a updated version of an entry gold VLF in the 32kHz range @ $500.

The Eureka Ace reborn.

Honestly Doc, I dont know what I'd be looking for. I have only seen the 1000 elipticle that came with mine and the WOT. I would like to have more to try and choose from I guess. I have read soo much about the Eureka Gold but hav'nt ever been successful with mine yet. I've been to Stanton 1 time and Oro Grande 1 time totaling 12 days. Not much experience I know. I hope I wll be able to get back to the Wickenburg Az area this fall.

Doc, I looking for a skunk buster for sure...a pocket full of dinks is a whole lot better than getting skunked!!

It's also easier to find small gold as an indicator that there is likely more gold in the area.

I think a wider variety of coils would be great. I bet they would sell a fair amount since there are currently only a few on the market to choose from and it is a reasonably popular detector. I was asked to reply here, so I would think a little coil and a mid-sized coil would both be useful additions. Maybe a 4" round (equivalent to 3"x5") which would still maneuverable but possibly a bit deeper searching than the 3"x5", or an elliptical 3"x5" for more sensitivity. I don't know what depth you could expect with such a small coil though, testing would be in order. A mid-sized 11" round also sounds like a winning all-purpose coil, maybe 14x9" elliptical too.

In thinking more about this I would also like to see a water proof coil, smaller that the WOT. something that could be used in rocky creek bottoms ect.. Does anyone know of any others?

• Admin

Hey Guys,

The Minelab 6-inch Round DD was a hot coil and a huge seller before Minelab decided to discontinue the coil. Not sure whey they did this, as it was a very good seller and many loved it! I actually found my first sizeable nugget with it with the XT17000. That coil worked on anything from the GT15000 thru the XT18000 and probably on the Eureka Gold also.

I think if Minelab supported some of their VLF's better with more coils and acccessories they would sell much better.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

Archived