Does anyone have this Arizona gold thing figured out?

Hey all:

Ok...if youve been following my posts...Dad and I are in a wash that has been really good to us.

We simply cannot figure it out though????

We found two 3rd oz nugs in a certain part of the wash with about 5 inches of gravel on top and then...found a 1/2 ozer 20 yrds below it buried deep. 1 1/2 foot deep.

Ive found nice heavy gold up high on the bank and in the gut of the creek.

Of the small pieces we found there are big ones below the small ones.

The only thing Ive made any sense out of is that of the smaller pieces....when I find a big one below it is usually flattened. Guess they get floated easyer.

The little chunky guys drop out up higher.

Im guessing different gully washers at different times have moved the gold into these odd spots?

All this gold is well rounded and sandblasted.

Man.....Ive got to find where its coming from!!!:) Or......came from :(

Tom H.

Sounds like gold Tom,

It likes to travel together it seems, and I believe the floods are all that moves & deposits it, often very near eachother and in a channel of gold. However, where it eventually gets deposited would also have to do with the geographic position of the creek at the time of deposition. Meaning where the gold sits today may be on a hilltop, but at the time of deposition, maybe it was an inside bend at the time. Or maybe your outside bend today may have been an inside bend at one time, therefore gold could be there, and was deposited at that spot several thousand years ago.

I can not imagine how many floods have occured in any decent sized gully or wash over the last million years in Arizona. Go back in time a million years ago , and you might find the source. If the source is still near the surface today, and continues to shed float specimens, then you could actually have a chance to find it. The source could actually be in the creek itself too, as it is not just limited to hillsides and what not.

To much fun trying to figure out the whens and whys of gold... Going to be in an arid desert climate soon, and im sure the same questions will come up.

Sounds like gold Tom,

It likes to travel together it seems, and I believe the floods are all that moves & deposits it, often very near eachother and in a channel of gold. However, where it eventually gets deposited would also have to do with the geographic position of the creek at the time of deposition. Meaning where the gold sits today may be on a hilltop, but at the time of deposition, maybe it was an inside bend at the time. Or maybe your outside bend today may have been an inside bend at one time, therefore gold could be there, and was deposited at that spot several thousand years ago.

I can not imagine how many floods have occured in any decent sized gully or wash over the last million years in Arizona. Go back in time a million years ago , and you might find the source. If the source is still near the surface today, and continues to shed float specimens, then you could actually have a chance to find it. The source could actually be in the creek itself too, as it is not just limited to hillsides and what not.

To much fun trying to figure out the whens and whys of gold... Going to be in an arid desert climate soon, and im sure the same questions will come up.

So.................what im learing here now is.............

Just dig/detect everything......Dont try to figure it out cuz we cant go back a million years and firgure out the ryme or reason.

Be thankful that we got the beepers over the yellow stuff and enjoy! :)

Im still gonna think about it when im trying to sleep and come up with new theories on how it got there. Heck....thats what keeps us at it. :)

Gl on your upcoming hunt :) Enjoy the day.

Tom H.

Archived