NF 12 x 7 Advantage E

I have just acquired this coil to use with my GPX 5000. :) Was wondering if anybody would like to share there sweet settings and experinences with it. I am in AZ, USA.

More Au to you, Robert

I also have the new NF Advantage 14 x 9 ellipical in the open spoke design and I luv it. It is always on the 5000 when I am hunting the areas around Wickenburg, but with the onset of hotter weather I have return to the cooler climes of the Bradshaw Mtns. I wanted a coil that would allow me to get into some tighter spots but not lose much depth capabilities, so I thought I would try the Advantage 12 x 7 Ellipical out. Now if mother nature would cooperate with the fire fighters and get the wild fires out! I could go and give it a try! I wanted a coil that would minic a 8" round Commander for performance, and the price that I paid for the NF Advantage 12 x 7 E was fantastic. I just could not pass on such a great deal. I am curious on just what to expect with this coil.

More Au to you, Robert

• Admin

Hey Robert,

I just started using the new NF 14-inch EMZ, which is a lightweight coil, but has a solid shell on it. I was very impressed with the results the first couple of days out with it. I've always liked solid coils, but sometimes the weight on larger ones would wear you down without a bungee or some of the newer systems like the Hipstick.

As for settings, I think it's going to come down to preference and experimenting on the ground you're working. The best settings and timings for one spot and one coil, might not be the best for another area or using a different sized coil.

If you visit my new post on the NF 14 EMZ coil, you will see the gold I found. I was using the following settings on my Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector -

Timing: Special - Sensitive/Smooth

Gain: 11

Audio: Deep

Motion: Very Slow

Response: Normal

Stabilizer: 10

Fixed Ground Balance

Hope this helps,

Rob Allison