boise basin

• Admin

Hello Lost Scout,

Welcome to the forums. Never been detecting in Idaho, but sounds like an interesting place. Just a suggestion, as I'm sure you're aware of this, but research to make sure the area has sizeable gold that could have been missed in the dredge tailings. Some areas were heavily dredged, but a very small percentage of gold was large enough to be lost in the dredge tailings. Some areas can be very rewarding scanning the piles for larger gold nuggets and specimens.

Wishing you much success out there.

Rob Allison

Hi Lost Scout,

If you don't have it already try finding a copy of the book "Basin of Gold", by Arthur A. Hart. Published by the Idaho City Historical Foundation. Interesting reading with some great old time photos from the era 1862-1890.

More Au to you, Robert

Here is a good read ...

http://nevadanuggethunters.myfreeforum.org/archive/tidbits-of-info-idah0__o_t__t_452.html

I also know there was a lot of hydralicing around there too, speciall around Grimes Creek. There was another book written too, it was about the golds and silver mines in the area. I don't have a copy of it and I am trying to look up the author for you. It was a referencen for the authur that wrote, the book that I mention above.

More Au to you, Robert

lost scout Hi I'm from Caldwell Idaho and am the vice-president of the Nampa Chapter of the GPAA. WE have people who like to metal detect and would probably be glad to help you out. We have serval claims up on Grimes Creek. With lots of information about the local area's I'm sure that we could point you in the right direction. Please PM me with furthur questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived