Gladiator,Yesterday!

I tried to go to Crown King Yesterday A.M. but the road is still closed at Cleator.So I took some back roads and managed to reach upper Turkey creek into some country I had been through and had never hunted before.The first thing I noticed is the creeks are all running water and filled with black suet man it"s nasty stuff.The two track roads I was on were all washed out at every creek crossing and I had to do some rock rolling and crevice filling here and there.Now for the good news.There was new exposed bedrock eyerywhere and lots of new quartz veins.I noticed one creek which is a popular dredge area and was always scoured out to bedrock now all filled in with overburden for at least 1/2 mile and I;m guessing the overburden to be at least 3 feet thick. My journey west ended here ,there was no way across the creek.On the way out I detected some interesting hillside eroded spots which I noticed on the way in and I also found 2 different ancient streambeads which looked promissing.I only had time to detect one of the old streambeds there was all the right kind of old miner trash along with all the iron and hot rocks and Gold.The first one I hit was a gram and 2 more just under a gram and then some crumbs.Nothing was over 2 inches deep.I don't think this patch has had much detecting on it if any because of the amount of trash I;m going back tomorrow and spend the day I only had about 2 hours on that patch yesterday.I like to find that hillside trash.You could tell that the 5 inch rain over the bradshaws had moved a lot of hillside material the crests of the benches were down to bedrock exposing the precambrian granite below.Had a great day out there just a little warm but great.I was using a minelab 2100 with doc;s amp and gold screamer and external speaker and a 14" eliptical Coiltec Gold Stalker.;I;ll try to post pictures it will be my first time.

Mike

MIke:

Tks for the report. I was wondering what that area was going to be like after the rains.

Hopefully my little spot hydrauliced out some more gold.

After seeing what you got I may have to tough it out and get out there and sweat off a few pounds!

You made my itch worse.............

Glad you got some gold and hope you get more.

Tom H.

I was doing some recon back on July 8th. I did some detecting on Lynx Creek south of the lake on the Bannie Mine Road, and then I continue south along Walker Rd to the Senator Hwy. Headed south past Palace Station to the Jct of Senator Hwy and the Pine Flats/Mayer Rd. I could not get over the dozer work the fire crews did. I did find some interesting area that I want to get back to and explore. Glad to read your report on the water flow and condictions. THANK You.

More Au to you, Robert

Hey Tom, If your spot was under that 5 inch rain you probably have gold!

Donno Mike....Im hoping it hit our area.

Gonna go out and find out on Sunday.....wish us luck men....were going in!

Tom H.

Greenbox, I was able to go down the road from Goodwin to Pine Flats and on to Mayer with no problem that Sat. The Senator Hwy was closed south from the Senator Hwy and Mayer/Pine Flats Jct. I was hoping to get back up there this weekend but it sound like it might be too wash out for my 2wd crew cab Silveradoo, it is higher than most 2wd? :unsure: I wanted to go in at Mayer via Pine Flats RD.The Crook Canyon Rd was open at Palace Station that Sat afternoon.

More Au to you, Robert

Hey Robert, Thanks for that I was there today,I wanted to turn down the senator at turkey creek but the forest service had the road south closed due to a new fire just south of goodwin. The mayer entrance is open and just graded today.

Mike

Archived