Win a Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector - Help a Dealer in Need

• Admin

Minelab GPX 5000 Raffle & More - Southern Family Fund

Hello All,

Well this morning I was scanning the Interent gold forums and happen to run across a very touching post. The post was about a fellow, local Minelab dealer here in Arizona that was struck with tragic news. This really touched me personally since it was not only a local Minelab dealer, but a friend and old nugget hunting partner. I seen right way how everyone was willing to help and pray for his family. My first thought being a Cancer survivor myself, is what would happen if that was my family? Well Bill Southern, owner of the NuggetShooter Store in Morristown, Arizona was given bad news about his longtime wife having terminal cancer. This is news that none of us want to hear, so I can't even imagine what is going through his mind, let alone is wife and family.

You can read more about the news on Bill Southern's forum at this link - http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24086

After some thought and reading the post above, I knew not having insurance that the bills would be overwhelming, something that their family don't need to stress over. I contact my rep at Minelab Americas and asked for permission to run a raffle on a new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. All the funds collected will go directly to Bill Southern and Family. I think this is an awesome opportunity for everyone to help a Brother in need, but at the same time have a shot at winning one of the most powerful metal detectors on the planet.

Raffle tickets are $25 per ticket, no limit on amount of tickets. At the end of the raffle I would personally drive over to Bill's, deliver the funds and allow him to pick the winner of the new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

I felt this would be the quickest way to raise the most amount of money in a short time period.

I'm hoping you all feel the same and are able to at least help out in some way, even if it's just the power of prayer for Bill and his family.

Grand Prize -

• Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector - From Minelab Americas & Rob's Detector Sales
  • Carbon Fiber Shaft - From Accuturn MFG/Herb Browning
  • GPX 5000 DVD - From Jonathan Porter

Other Prizes -

• Gold Specimen - Fred Mason
  • Meteorite - Fred Mason
  • (2) GPX 5000 DVD's - Jonathan Porter
  • (3) Detector Hipsticks - Chris Porter - Nevada Chris
  • (5) Pairs of SEAL SKINZ SOCKS - Jacob Macias
  • (3) Bottles of ultra premium California wine x 4 - Robert Sulatycky
  • LSD Footprint DVD - James Pressley
  • Vulture West Footprint DVD - James Pressley

How to Send Payment - $25 per ticket, no limit

(1) You can go to any Bank of America bank in the US and deposit the funds directly into this account # - 457020655606 This account was set up today 2-12-13 strickly for this fund and will be closed when the raffle ends and a Cashier's Check will be written to Bill directly.

(2) Send check payable to "Bill Southern" to this mailing address -

Rob's Detector Sales - PO Box 8926, Surprise, AZ 85374

If you deposit funds into the B of A account, please email me so I can keep records of who deposited what to make sure you get your ticket numbers. You can email me at - [email protected] if you have any questions.

Raffle End Date - is Friday March 1st @ 7pm Arizona time. After that date, I will no longer except Paypal or Bank Deposits to the account.

Hoping we can raise as much as possible.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Just an update, please don't send anymore payments to Paypal for the raffle. I was contacted by Paypal this evening and they said it's against their policy to accept donations for a raffle. They said if any transactions come through, I would have to refund them and write an email back to the person sending funds. I just wanted to spread the word, so if anyone has posted the information for paypal, please try to remove it so it don't hold up any funds for this raffle.

Sending a check or deposit the funds is the best solution I guess for now.

Thanks!

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I was hoping I could make Bill Southern's LSD Outing this coming weekend, but some emergency work has came up and I won't be able to make it this weekend. I will have to re-schedule the drawing, but the raffle still ends this coming Friday at 7pm Arizona.

Kind of sucks, but I have to keep the lights on if you know what I mean.

P.S. A few more prizes have been added to the main thread.

Rob Allison

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hello All,

This afternoon (03-10-13) around 1pm Bill Southern, Dennis Broderick and I conducted the Minelab GPX 5000 - Southern Family Fund raffle. Bill Southern pulled all the lucky winners for this raffle, a total of 19 people that donated. Over the course of about 2-3 weeks, we were able to raise $20,305.00 for the Southern Family. Bill sure seemed shocked when I told him how much we were able to raise in such a short time period (despite all the issues with Paypal and such).

The winners are as follows -

1. Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector, Minelab Backpack and JP's DVD - Blake Van de Loo (ticket number 207272)
  2. Gold Specimen - Jean Rashkind (ticket number 207307)
  3. Gold Basin Meteorite - Ralph Patrick (ticket number 207016)
  4. Detector Hipstick - Sean Prater (ticket number 206837)
  5. Detector Hipstick - Gale Livelsberger (ticket number 207296)
  6. Detector Hipstick - Jimmy (ticket number 206914)
  7. Seal Skinz Socks - Tom Stenbeck (ticket number 207061)
  8. Seal Skinz Socks - Ralph Lowrey (ticket number 206934)
  9. Seal Skinz Socks - Randy Hart (ticket number 207027)
  10. Seal Skinz Socks - Shelley Klein (ticket number 206870)
  11. Seal Skinz Socks - Chris Adams (ticket number 207078)
  12. (3) Bottles of Ultra Premium CA Wine - Mark Evans (ticket number 206768)
  13. (3) Bottles of Ultra Premium CA Wine - "Uncle Ron" Long (ticket number 206499)
  14. (3) Bottles of Ultra Premium CA Wine - Ken Michaels (ticket number 206821)
  15. (3) Bottles of Ultra Premium CA Wine - Christian Riley (ticket number 206762)
  16. Little San Domingo Footprint DVD - Calvin Bunker (ticket number 206506)
  17. Vulture West Footprint DVD - Mario Williamson (ticket number 206890)
  18. Jonathan Porter GPX 5000 DVD - Tonia McConnell (ticket number 206866)
  19. Jonathan Porter GPX 5000 DVD - Paul Keller (ticket number 206978)

Congrats to all the lucky winners!!

I personally want to Thank Minelab Americas for allowing this raffle to happen. Without them, it would have been a struggle to raise such a huge amount of money is a short amount of time. Minelab is top notch and I think we all knew that from the beginning.

I would also like to personally Thank all the people that were willing to donate other prizes for this raffle.

Most importantly, all the great people out there that were willing to donate $25 or more towards this raffle. I know that some were not able financially to dontate, but their prayers were equally important and we Thank you for that.

This battle is not over, so please continue to pray for Barb Southern & the Southern Family as much as possible.

Here are a few pictures from today's drawing -

raffle01%20(800x600).jpg

Bill Southern drawing the winning tickets

raffle02%20(800x600).jpg

Bill Southern reading out the lucky GPX-5000 winner!

raffle03%20(800x600).jpg

Bill Southern, Blake Van de Loo (winner of the Minelab GPX 5000) & Rob Allison with Rob's Detector Sales

raffle04%20(800x600).jpg

Dennis Broderick, Bill Southern & Rob Allison

You're all awesome!!

Rob Allison