zquestion on xterra 705 gold packi

I have been using a Garrett AT PRO for about a month and I am starting to understand the different tones and VDI NUMBERS on the ATP my question on the XTERRA 705 is this let me start by saying my wife and I are wanting to purchase another detector so we can both detect instead of just one of us what we want is a detector to use on a off grid piece of property we have in northern Arizona and that is why I was looking at the 705 gold pack my question is what are the differences in the ATP AND THE 705 does the 705 give VDI numbers and things like that I do know from reading post on other forums the 705 has a more of a flute sound then the ATP

WHAT we are wanting is a detector for looking for gold nuggets on our property in arizona but also want to be able to use it for coin shooting and relic hunting

Thanks for any help with understanding the differences in the 705 and the ATP

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hello Djsmith,

Yes, the display screen does show numbers that represent ranges of various metals, gold, silver, nickel .... There are also multiple tones (28), which allow you to not only use the numbers, but the sound along with them. The 705 Gold Pack comes with the 18.75khz 10-inch DD elliptical, which is great for small gold nuggets and max sensitivity.

The 705 series is a multi-purpose detector, which allows the user to search for gold nuggets, coins, relics and beach hunting. The 705 standard comes with the 8.5-inch waterproof coil, the 705 Gold comes with the 18.75khz coil and the new 705 Dual Pack comes with both coils.

We have sold hundreds of the 705's, great detector for under $1000 that can do just about everything.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison