Pics for forum member az.gold

Thank you very much Jon.

I'm confident that I speak for many when I say we really do appreciate the time and knowledge you share with us here.

John

Had a PM from a forum member az.gold about settings I posted on the AZO forum a few years back but admin cannot locate due to deletion :blink: .

So I've taken a picture of my 3500 end caps and posted them here for you John. :)

JP

So do you run Mono coils in DD mode?

Always mate, think of DD mode as the old Normal mode of the GP Extreme, Minelab re-named it to correspond with the way a DD coil can be manipulated to behave as either a DD only or a psuedo monoloop (hence DD or Mono modes). You can run a Mono in either mode, I just feel a Mono in DD mode behaves better in high mineralisation (a little smoother and maybe a touch more depth).

:unsure: I feel like I'm on Jeopardy...except I don't know enough to be able to ask the question after looking at the settings on the 3500.

So, what were these settings used for?

Those were my preferred settings for the GP3500 using a monoloop coil in both Arizona and also the vast majority of Australia. I should also point out they were designed to be used with a Booster/Speaker combo which explains why the Volume is set at half way (this helps cut out on distortion on bigger hits when using an external speaker).

JP

So, if detecting in the same areas with the same coil with the same speaker system BUT using a 4000 how might these settings be different?

(It's always a good time when you can ask questions of people that you are sure won't make you feel like an idiot).

I (we) appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge!

So, if detecting in the same areas with the same coil with the same speaker system BUT using a 4000 how might these settings be different?

(It's always a good time when you can ask questions of people that you are sure won't make you feel like an idiot).

I (we) appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge!

Back off the Volume to about half way (20 from memory), run the Signal control on 19 (equals the 3/4 to 4/5ths position of the 3500) run threshold to suit (a bit higher on the control compared to the 3500), Gain around 8, Run Medium GB speed if using Tracking, Audio on Deep, Motion Slow and then depending on ground conditions either Normal timings or Smooth timings (accessed via the Sensitive switch position on the Soil/Timings switch then selecting Smooth in the Sensitive menu).

If the conditions are too noisy (EMI) then try Quiet Audio over the Deep option.

Hope this helps,

JP

BTW Rob Allison stocks our DVD's, we have a 3 1/2 hour DVD on the GPX4500 along with videos for all the GP series Minelabs.