4-inch Dredge Nozzle needed

• Admin

Hello All,

Anyone have a 4-inch dredge nozzle they are wanting to part with for a decent price? If not, where is the best place to find one, Keene? I need the nozzle where the pressure hose is also attached to it so I can dredge in shallow water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob Allison

Hey Rob not sure of the terrain or your particular situation sounds like it may be steep or semi dry area. but you can always use a separate pump to pump water up to were your dredging. we called it dry land dredging. We did this were there was no water in the wash above at all, even dam it a bit were your working and or down below and recycle the water. if there is plenty of water down below just pump up to it and flood it. you may not need the jet nozzle at all? just a thought. give me a call I may be able to help. Great time of year to get wet in AZ.. AzNuggetBob

Rob, go for the hydro force 4 inch noz from midwest prospecting thats what i have been using and it kicks butt. :ph34r:

Bob, Boom dredging is the way to go for sure and a second pump always comes in handy for blasting hardpack apart and up the tube :)

Justin.

Is this what your looking for?
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/for/3970425178.html

Tom H.

Hey Justin I agree about the booming. great way to get rid of excess overburden before you dam it and dredge. and you can use the old style booming pond above to feed the wash your dredging. But on one of our digs we had problems with the jet nozzle jamming up often. turns out it was the angular/flat schist or shale that kept jamming it up. we never had near as many problems with more rounded gravels. So we switched to a flared jet tube on the sluice/dredge and it solved most of the problem. also we would take the suction hose off of the jet nozzle and turn it around backwards and use it to shoot down the hard pack banks. that bent tube makes a nice handle. :) we had a blast. I sure miss those days. got me thinking about some spots. AzNuggetBob