Coil Question ????

Hopefully Rob can find out this answer.
With a "DD" coil in this case a P.I. aftermarket Coiltek 14" DD pro older orange solid, Is the TRANSMIT side of the winding on the Right side of the coil as it is mounted in position on detector ????
And Receive half of winding on Left ??? Or just the opposite ??
AND in general are most all DD's wired similarly ???
Thanks if anyone can come back on this.

You can verify that the receive is on the left ( most sensitive area) with a test of a tiny target and touching the coil edges to the target. One side will have a better target response. This will be the receive winding.

I have come across a few DD's that were wired backwards.

• Admin

Hey Frank,

Here is the response from Coiltek -

The DD transmit is on the left side of the coil when looking from a detecting standpoint. The DD windings on average overlap around 1 inch through the middle and then the receive is on the right.

Sorry I didn’t get back already on this.

Regards,

Trevor Ferraresso

Sales & Business Development Manager.

Yes the Infinium too! That day the discriminator showed a good target for 2 feet, all the way down top the pipe! Your GP xtreme showed trash if I remember right, I couldn't sell it fast enough.

Larry had one for a while and we did same side x side tested with his infinium and my modded 3500, he prompting sold it and went back to his gold bug II. The Infinium was good for highly mineralized ground but missed gold.

Sorry Frank, didn't mean to hijack your thread.