Detector Question

I have been out of the game for a while and am looking tom get back into detecting. So I have two questions, one of which I think I already know the answer to:

1) Is the Minelab Explorer SE Pro still available? (I'm thinking no)

2) If it isn't available, other than the X-Terra series, what would be a good replacement to use for all-around detecting? I would like to focus more on coin, relic, and jewelry than on gold, but would still like the detector to pick up both.

Thank you.

Chris

Chris

The Gold Bug Pro is one hot VLF detector. You can get one other coil for it but I don't have it. If you need to keep the price down you could go with White's GMZ. This one is plain Jane as you can get but a good nugget detector. The best thing on the GBP it's a nugget and coin detector all wrap up in one machine.

Hope this helps you!

Chuck

• Admin

Hey Chris,

I can get you a Explorer SE PRO if you need one, but like others have stated, not a gold nugget hunter. It's a great coin and relic detector and the Explorer series ran for a long time. It was replaced by the ETRAC, then the CTX 3030.

My two choices for all purpose would be either the Minelab E-Terra 705 or 705 Gold and the Fisher Goldbug Pro.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

I had an Xterra and then tried a Whites Prizm 6T. To use for coins and relics in old goldfield camp sites, old timers spots. I switched to the Prizm as it seemed to be better at knocking out all the iron that infested those areas than the Terra did. Not the deepest coin and relic machine out there but gets in amongst that junk really well. I use the solid 8" coil on it from the earlier Prizms, its a bit more sensitive than the open web/spoked and does not get caught up in things. Nice little detector.

One more thing to consider...if your hunting coins...I prefer to have a choice of iron discrimination. Some like the GMZ or Goldmaster has an iron i.d. It works well, but I have found sometimes you just want to have the CHOICE to switch from all metal to iron disc and just hear the non ferrous coins. The Whites MXT or the MXT Pro is one to put in your line up to consider. If it were me ...I would chose...either of the four...Whites MXT, Fisher GB Pro, Tesoro Lobo ( lifetime warranty), Minelab exterra 705. Some of these like the MXT come with a Round 950 coil, I would recommend the elliptical for nugget-hunting...good luck!

Gold bug pro...

i have an MXT with all the coils ---- i never tried it on gold but once and i must have had it set wrong cause i couldnt get a beep,,,and the GB2 i had sounded off like a mad bee.