Goldbug 2 steal

Sweet deal! Congrats :)
I just got a brand new 6" coil for mine off of Ebay for 95 with shipping.
Deals are out there if you shop.

GL to you and the GB2

Tom H.

Watched a bud today kill it with a 6 inch. Ive been using a 10 and its not working for me.

Thats why I got the 6 off of flee bay.
Tom H.

Thanks for the info fred! I think I will just stick with the 6.5.

So I made it out and tested the gb2. I found 5 super dinks. It was fun and a huge learning curve from my 3k. I will post pics tomorrow.

3K = the big guns :)

GB2 with a 6 inch is the sniper :)

Each one has its place and time.

Go Geet em!!!

Tom H.

ahhh the GB2, what can I say. I just luv the machine. I hardly ever post but I like to scour the prospecting forums now and again looking for something that interests me and I just can't resist a good GB2 thread. Not too many prospectors here in oz use them and that's probably a good thing for us GB2 users. I see there are a few GB2 beginners so I hope you don't mind me making that itch of yours a little bit worse lol... :P

To tell you the truth, I hardly ever get to use the GB2 - most of the time the ground is just too hot for it. I've tried it in hot ground and the only thing I manage to pick up is ringing in the ears :wacko: . But I did get to use it a few times this year, and every time it paid for itself. :)

A few weeks ago I started on an article about small vein prospecting which I never really had time to finish. A lot of it was concerned with VLF detecting, particularly the GB2 and how it finds gold the PIs miss. This is especially true with specimen gold, and that's just the type of gold that might lead you to something bigger. Here's a small preview. I hope you like it. All the specimens were found this year, and all came from leaders (what you guys call a pay streak). Only one was a new find of mine, the rest were from old holes.

post-35955-0-36100800-1387605523_thumb.jpost-35955-0-47401500-1387605540_thumb.jpost-35955-0-17652700-1387605553_thumb.jpost-35955-0-85054900-1387605589_thumb.jpost-35955-0-74185300-1387605609_thumb.jpost-35955-0-21863700-1387605625_thumb.j

Could not agree with you more Tom.

I will say, I often run a 14" on my GB or Gb2 just because Im trying to squeeze every inch of depth out of it with a lightweight machine in some areas, but at the same time with the larger coil Im starting to give up the little ones too.. right tool for the job, really depends on the area I'm hunting 6-10 or 14"?.

Good to see you got the skunk off your back (again)nice finds. Consistency in finding gold is important big or small and it says a lot about a nugget hunter. good luck to ya, ;)

prospecting.australia I agree VLF's dont handle (really) hot ground that well. and you guys got some of the hottest ground on the planet, that's when I get out the big guns. :)

Thanks for the postings and the pics. It's always nice to see other color even if its in a place I will probably never get to hunt. I went out again today and I really like this machine. I have used several other vlf "gold" machines and the bg2 is by far the best... In my opinion... I went to a patch that has skunked me and my 3k the last couple times I decided to get out there. Two minutes after I had my first dink a few feet up the hill got two more. They were all pretty small but they were yellow.

And I haven't used any other coils other than the 6" but I am going to stick with it like everyone here has said.