New 5000 finds gold

First I would like the thank Rob for the killer service. I took the 5000 to an area that I hammed with my 4500 earlier in the year. I was there for about 5 minutes and got a faint target , I dug down around 8 inches and out pops a .7 gram nug, It was a nice start to the day. Found 3 more small nugs for the rest of the day. Total weight was 1.6 grams. I was running the 5000 in Fine gold with gain at 15. The 4500 I ran there earlier was in enhance with the gain at 11 and a mono coil of course. I love my 4500 but I think me and the 5000 are going to get along just fine. : )

post-20876-0-10655400-1393609082_thumb.j

• Admin

Hey Slayer,

Congrats on the recent finds. As you play around more with the GPX 5000 and the hundreds of setting combinations, you will find it's a very powerful detector. I'm always playing with settings and finding out how it does better on certain types of gold in certain settings, which can make a difference on getting more depth or better sensitivity to the small ones (the beans and bacon of metal detecting for gold).

Thanks once again for your business and continued friendship. Wishing you the greatest amount of success!

Keep us updated!

Sweet! WTG....sure are some pretty nugs :)
Just dont sleep with the 5000....the wife might get jelous :o
Glad you got those nugs.

Tom H.

The slayer says five minutes, maybe 30 seconds! Most of us hadn't even turned our machine on when he found the first nugget and some were still hiking. None the less it was a great day with great weather and even greater friends.