Saturday Rain Day, but got a few after the rain

• Admin

Hello All,

This weekend I had several customers scheduled for instructions, but we decided to cancel due to the unexpected rain Saturday. I had to help a friend unload a water container, so I made the trip anyways in hopes the rain miss the location. It wasn't more than an hour after I arrived that the rain started pouring down for several hours. I decided to wait it out, but it seemed endless. I decided to head out and on the way there looked like a break in the weather, so I headed over to a wash not far from the road to give it a quick whirl. Within 15 minutes of walking the wash I seen several new sections of bedrock, so started scanning it while the rain drops started back in. I managed to pop two small, flat nuggets in the bedrock cracks before the rain really started to pour down. Looks like I have a spot to return to, but it would have to be another day.

Was using the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector and the Coiltek Blitz 14x9 Monoloop searchcoil.

Hope you all managed to get out this weekend and score.

Rob Allison

Dern nice nugs there Rob.........just got a few sprinkles down here at home. Guess it dumped more up north.

Went out today and all I was able to find was a GPS unit someone lost :)
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Boulder Dash,

Far from easy, but when you know where to look it makes it much easier. Just like when you guys go up to your washes and work them, you pretty much know you can get a few nuggets detecting, whether you're digging or scanning the exposed bedrock. Congrats on your recent hit, seen the video and your post on another forum. If you get a chance, toss it up on this forum. Hope you guys find some more for all the hard work.