New PI Detector On The Market

Well it's raining PI detectors. First Garrett came out with it's new PI called ATX. Then Minelab said we have a new PI called SDC 2300 coming soon. We know this one is out there but yet to see. Then out of the blue White's come out with this new PI called Sierra Super Pulse Pro for under 1000.00 dollars.

In away it's like what they done to the GMT and made the GMZ. This is what White's done to the TDI SL and made the SPP at three pounds. One of the main things was set the pulse at 10. It comes with a 12 inch mono coil not the one the others do.

If any don't have a lot of money to buy a PI now they can. To see what it can do in the field is the next to be seen.

Chuck Anders

I would imagine as the technology behind the PI's advance, we'll see many of the top brand name manufacturers offering budget type PI's for those just getting their feet wet. I'm currently using a TDI pro and GMT, so I figure once I master them and find enough gold, I'll step up to the latest and greatest and go back and hit the same patches. ;)

Hi Azblackbird

It's like you said this detector is to let a lot of people into nugget hunting for under a thousand dollars. I think if you replaced your TDI Pro with this detector you'd be taking a step back.

For less money and at three pounds some will find a place for it.

GPX 5000 is still King of the nugget hill.

Chuck Anders

PS I believe if you order this detector before the end of May you get this small coil extra. Like all detectors until a field test is done we just don't know what it can do.

If this detector is better than what I think it wouldn't the first time I've been wrong.

I think if you replaced your TDI Pro with this detector you'd be taking a step back.

Most definitely. I think for the money I paid for the TDI Pro and GMT, I've got the right combination of equipment that will fit my needs and budget for another year or two anyways. B)

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I agree, always great to see other manufactures jumping on board and designing PI's. That being said, if you do any research and what will be coming in the future, the normal PI is old news! I believe this is one reason why Minelab is not too concerned as they have several patents on "new technology" already in place. To add to that, I'm sure not what the heck the price will be ....... :wacko:

Each day I find that I'm getting older and I can't leap the big tall whatever any more. So when you see a detector at three pounds and a PI then this may be a good back up for a lot of people. Oh don't get me wrong I know the best PI's have twice the weight but it has for most maybe twice the depth. I'm going to swing that 5 or 6 pounder for as long as I can. Now when that swing arm says I can't take anymore and the other part of me says I'm not quitting. It's then time to reach for 3 pound PI or VLF.

Our pocketbook and our wife may change our thinking on this matter. Ha

Chuck Anders