Late Afternoon Hunt = 4 Nuggets

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Managed to get out for about 4 hours this afternoon. The weather was actually pretty nice, cloud cover and a slight breeze. Managed to dig a bunch of trash in some new area, but also scored 4 nuggets. Three small ones that added up to .6 Dwt's, the largest was the fourth nugget at 1.6 Dwt's. Total at the end of the day was 2.2 Dwt's. I was able to eat a McDonald's meal after finding those ..... LOL

post-2-0-67301700-1403842574_thumb.jpg

Thought you might enjoy.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

AJ - Haha .... I've always weighted in Dwt's, so I hate to change. Grams always seems like so much more. I know there is more gold, maybe some bigger, but the ratio of trash to gold is very high (20-30 pieces of trash per nugget if you're lucky).

• Admin

Hey Azblackbird,

For years I used a Dillon Precision Reloading Scale that weighed up to like 500 grains. I think I had a few nuggets back then that might have tilted the scale, but for the most part, the majority of them were 50 grains and under. Very sensitive scales for the little nuggets.

Heck...who cares..grams, grains, drams or drains.....Rob got out and got it!
WTG man :)
Any yellow is great :)
Tom H.