Short Hunt with new Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I was able to get out for a few hours this morning and try out the new SDC 2300 Metal Detector. I will post more, but within 15 minutes of the hunt I scored this small, 1 grain nugget about an inch down. I pushed the piece around for a few minutes thinking it was a small piece of wire. Low and behold my first piece of gold with the new SDC 2300. Was really amazed on the sensitive to small gold in just the default (mode 2) and mode 3 Sensitive.

Looking forward to trying this detector on some old patches that were loaded with smaller gold.

Questions or for more information on this new Minelab SDC 2300, contact me by phone or email.

Thanks!

• Admin

Hello All,

Within just a few minutes of discovering the first, small gold nugget with the Minelab SDC 2300 metal detector, I popped out this nice 1.5 Dwt piece down a bit deeper. Thought for sure it was going to be trash, but ended up being a nice nugget. Excited to use this new detector, so will post more in the near future.

Dern that is odd........reverse signal and no hematite stuck to it? Ive only gotten one that way with a reverse and it had hematite stuck all over it.

Was there some junk down in the hole next to it?
Interesting.
Tom H.

The edge is the most sensitive as is typical for mono coils, but the coil line of sensitivity seems to be in about a half inch from the outside edge of the coil.

In any case, when I am sorting out a target with the spoon, I run it across the edge to get maximum response.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

It's a typical monoloop coil, so the outer edges are very sensitive, but for deep stuff the middle will be where it's heard first. Scored 4 more small ones poking around some old patches this weekend. Still trying to get a better idea how many hours I can get out of the rechargeable C batteries that come with the unit. Anyone push them to the max yet? I hunted all day, probably 8-10 hours and noticed when I placed the C batteries back in the charger they were pretty much dead.

And the turnaround recharge time for the "c" batteries is?

I know most of the small after market rechargeable batteries for the SD,GP, GPX take as long to charge as the time they are used. So to be sure I had fresh batteries for my detector all the time, I would detect for say 1/2 of the day, put those batteries on the charger. Use the others, recharge them at days end. In the morning, I would again have fresh charged batteries to start my day. Having a third set is not a bad idea either, along with a second charger...

Gary/Largo

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Reno Chris - I agree with you. I probably ran around 10 hours with several hours of breaks in between where I shut down the detector. I think 8 hours on a fresh set of C rechargeable's is about right.

Largo - I didn't time the recharge time, but my guess is about 3-4 hours. I could be wrong, I will try to get a better idea on the next recharge and post it here.