3 Days at Lynx creek

Hey all:
Welp, we got back from 3 really nice days up at Lynx creek. Didnt find any gold but had a heck of a good time in the cooler weather and meeting a new guy out prospecting.

Found oodles of trash..can anyone identify what that little thing that has two crimped ends on it? it has raised printing on it that says EASY on the side of it. Made out of steel.

Its 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.

I found it up on the side of a hill.

Also found a piece of old boot with 13 boot tacks in it..that saved some time smile.png

Found a arrow head too. But, I didnt take it and stuck it in a tree stump.

It was a hunting arrow smile.png

I did actually find two tributaries that did NOT have any trash! Unbelievable. Just 22 bullets...you know, the ones that sound like gold :(

Found the Amulet mine and dinked around there for a bit.

Met up with Shay, Arctic Dave and his friend Mike, thats what really made the trip fun.

Sat. night we feasted on Pork Bulgogi, BokChoy, Seaweed and mussle soup, Kimchee and lots of beer! smile.png

All in all it was a great 3 days out.

Tom H.

P.S.

Rob...met a guy name Carlos that bought a GB2 from you. He had nothing but praise about how you helped him and such. We exchanged E-mails and will get together in the future. Really nice guy.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Sounds like you had a great trip. The Lynx Creek area hold so much history when it comes to gold mining. The amount of iron rubbish makes it difficult to hunt with a metal detector, but I have seen some beautiful nugget found there over the years. I even seen a guy pan a 8 Dwt piece many years back as we were BS along the creek with him. He about threw the gold pan in the air when he seen it gleam through the black sands.

Great to ran into Carlos. He's a great guy really wanting to learn about metal detecting for gold. He purchased several detectors, a Tesoro and the Gold Bug you mentioned. Hope you guys can get together.

Talk with you later,