Where to detect near Phoenix/ queen creek area?

Hello, I just moved down to San tan valley from kingman area and was curious of where to do some nugget hunting in the region, have not had much luck finding anything fairly close and was wondering if you can help me out. Thanks

• Admin

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the forums. Not real sure around San Tan, but North and Northwest of Phoenix within an hour are many places. Some of the major placers going Northwest around Wickenburg (rough hour from Phoenix) would be the San Domingo Placers, Vulture Placers and many other smaller ones within the Wickenburg area. You also have a bunch of placers North of Lake Pleasant all the way up towards the Bradshaw Mountains. You're pretty much guaranteed to be in gold country if you stay West of the 1-17 and North of Carefree Highway all the way towards Prescott.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Thanks rob. I'll have to do some research on those areas, trying to find somewhere to go out for a few hours tomorrow. Have been real busy with work and not much free time to detect nor do any research.

- Daniel Foley

I didn't know about those, I work at Ray mine and drive there everyday, I was unaware of claims down there, I will have to join them, I heard they're probably the best for Phoenix area, thank you.

-Daniel Foley

Hello, I just moved down to San tan valley from kingman area and was curious of where to do some nugget hunting in the region, have not had much luck finding anything fairly close and was wondering if you can help me out. Thanks

If I was you I'd begin in the Mammoth area.

Right on! Thank you lucky Lundy, I'll have to do some research on that, I was up at little san domingo wash yesterday but did not have much luck, first time there and not enough time to find the best ground. It almost seems like san domingo has been worked hard like gold basin, getting harder to find those nuggets, a lot of really good detector it's out there to compete with. Very excited for it to be cool again and be out every weekend all weekend. Anybody ever want to schedule a day out, just p.m me.