GPZ7000 UNDER POWERLINES

I have been running my 5000 with an 14" A.I. coil under multiple 4 strand power lines. What is the stock coil on the GPZ7000 like under similar conditions. Is it tame enough to detect? How quiet is the new detector to EMI? Has anyone put their new detector under these conditions?

Thanks,

Rick

I have a new 14 in anti interference coil that i havent used yet. I was wondering how it works under powerlines. I usually use the stock 11in dd or 12x15 dd commanders with very smooth thresh hold. Thats a gd question for the new machine. My guess is it would be gd as i believe the coil is a super dd coil.

John.

• Admin

Hey Rick,

I haven't used the GPZ 7000 around powerlines yet. That being said, I've never been able to raise really any coil on my GPX 5000 and hunt the sidewalls, banks and such without a ton of wobbling. The GPZ is so smooth, no noise when I turn the coil sideways to hunt banks. I love this, already found a few small nuggets with it this way that I wouldn't have heard with my GPX 5000 due to the EMI and noise when the coil is not dead flat on the ground.

Rob it must be the arizona soil. I habe been hunting drywash diggings half a day today here in randsburg area. Actually in the el pasos. Stock 11in mono and all the prest settings. Scanned them walls just fine. As smoith as can be. Up high. Down low. Side hy side. Up and down. No luck though.. Im spending the night here in ky truck and gonna go at it again tomorrow.

John

I did do some searching this mornning under two sets of powerline that run side by side. These are the huge powerline towers. I tried running the 14 in coiltek anti interference and it was wobby. Real bad. I tried it in mono. Then dd. Then cancel. Just couldnt get it to calm down. So i switched to the 12x15 comander dd coil. Set it on cancel and it purred right along. Not sure what kind of settings are best for that coil. Also i have a 18in nf advantage mono that was working real gd for about 3 digs. Then it screamed amd was haywire. I tried restarting the machine and checking connections and no go. So i switched to a commander. I did try out the little playtopus mono. That dude is bery sensetive to small birdshit.

John

Yes. I knew that fred. . I was wondering about the coiltek 14in anti interference coil. What shoul i run it in under powetlines. I cant get it to smooth out. Is the AI coil a mono?

John

Hmm. Interesting bill. I tries the 14 AI under and around poerlines in the dd mode and still real wobbly. I tried in the mono and was worse. So i tried in cancel and was no different than in dd mode. So i just went back to commander 12x15 dd in cancel. Was as smooth as a bee. I didnt notice any depth loss or sensitivity loss as i was still finding small shards and bird shot at same depths as any other coil. Ill have to try it again and see if i can tune it in. I was just running preset timings. As they seem to work just fine for me.

John

Hmm. Interesting bill. I tries the 14 AI under and around poerlines in the dd mode and still real wobbly. I tried in the mono and was worse. So i tried in cancel and was no different than in dd mode. So i just went back to commander 12x15 dd in cancel. Was as smooth as a bee. I didnt notice any depth loss or sensitivity loss as i was still finding small shards and bird shot at same depths as any other coil. Ill have to try it again and see if i can tune it in. I was just running preset timings. As they seem to work just fine for me.

John

John