2.3 grammer today

Hey all :
Well dad calls me up late Friday and wants to go out detecting......so I finish up all the plating/polishing as I cant let him down :)

Google some spots....pick him up at 7 today and were on our way!
Man..the first spot I picked was wicked steep. Dad ducks in about 1/4 mile in and I go in a bit farther.

It was the top end of where we got some nugs out of last week. It was tough...to say the least.

Steep....cats claw galore and everything was UPHILL!

Finally got out of the canyon I was in and saw the YOTO way up on the hill. Who moved it!???
Saw dad in another wash and told him I was going back.

We didn't get spit out of that area...well some junk. But nothing Yellow.

Im sitting at the truck watching this 82 yr old guy plodding up the hills and walking towards me.

He just keeps putting one foot in front of the other and makes it up out of the canyon.

Gets to me and says..hey! I feel pretty good since the 5 way bypass!

I sure hope I have half as much energy at that age!

So........we go to another spot, not far away that we got some gold out of.

Welp. lo and behold...its been ripped up by the monsoons. Nothing out of the good spots so I concentrate on the hills.

Yup....I missed it :)
Up off the bank about 10 inches...under some impacted rocks.

It was giving a low/high signal as a chunk of iron.

Its so solid I guess that that is why. It just popped out and im like.....are you serious???

Really good day and the good Lord blessed us with some awesome gold :)

My legs are weak...im going to bed :P Gonna sleep like a 2yr old tonight! and feel like a 90 yr old tomorrow.
Tom H.

post-33762-0-89035600-1449461825_thumb.j

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Congrats on your nice nugget find. I managed to take customers out Saturday, one guy snagged a little one, I got a little one also. One of the guys was involved in a early hunt for the Dutchman's Gold, so it was interesting listening to stories going way back and the stuff he discovered that is now hidden.

Sunday, a partner and I done some exploring in a new area. I found 4 solid rough nuggets, one was 4.1 Dwt's, for 5.2 Dwt's total. I also found a huge, approx. 50 lbs piece of quartz that is screaming!!! No visible gold showing unless you use an eye loupe, but it has a good amount of gold inside. Guess i'm going to have to bust it up ..... :wacko:

Rob:
That's pretty interesting about the quartz/gold. I would like to hear how it ends up :)
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I promise to get a picture up tonight or tomorrow. I've been swamped here with orders, especially with these new Minelab deals.

I showed a new customer last night that came over and purchased the new bundle. He was pretty tickled that pieces like that are still out there. It's a huge piece of quartz, but very little showing. I guess at some point I will need to crack it open. :unsure:

Rob,

Before you break it or crush it, maybe??...., take it to a veterinary office and find out what they would charge to x-ray the chunk.

That way, depending on what it shows, you may want to have it acid treated, and end up with one like your avatar picture,

only HUGE!!!!! I see Smithsonian or Las Vegas prices paid to you in my daydream!!

Greg

I like that idea.

I've never had a specimen that big before so I don't know if it'd be worth sawing it into thirds maybe, then detecting each piece to "chase" the signal your detector is putting off. The whole boulder may very well be riddled with gold tho so you could risk cutting into lots of veins that way.

Can you tumble something that big? Now that might be something worth doing ?