Theft in Northern Arizona - Must Read

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a post from a friend of mine that has some property in Northern Arizona that was broken into.  Please post anywhere you can to help. 

You can see the entire post over on Steve H's DetectorProspector forum - https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/10779-theft/

Sorry for the off topic post, I just wanted to get this out there quickly and please delete if this shouldn't be here. I had a ton of stuff stolen in Arizona, not sure what exactly yet as I have to drive down now to find out. They abandoned my RV on the road since I sabotaged the wheels to prevent theft (after they dragged it 1000ft ruining my axles and drums), but took everything inside, and took a 40ft Conex worth of tools and gold prospecting equipment. So much stuff I'm not even sure what all was in it until I can do a full inventory.

So, if anyone sees someone in NW Arizona trying to offload a bunch of drywashers, crusher stuff, cleanup stuff, sluices, especially if they seem like tweakers, please let me know. Also, a Yamaha Grizzly ATV, green, 400cc. Tons of tools, most the battery powered stuff was Makita. Had a Troy Bilt gold vac, a smaller keene drywasher (is it the 141?), a bigger Keene drywasher (black), a puffer Keene drywasher. I'm forgetting a ton of stuff but, you get the idea, if some tweaker is going around trying to sell gold prospecting stuff for cheap to people, get a name if you can. Mohave county Sheriff is out there now, if anyone has heard anything at all, please let the sheriff know.

Had all my detectors with me in Wyoming so none of them were stolen.

If anyone hears anything, anyone mentioning anything about who did this, please let me or the sheriff know. The gates and the chain were cut, plus cut through 4 large boron carbide shackles. they had tools and it was planned. It wasn't in a place that someone randomly would have found, I suspect they are local and/or prospectors at this time. It sounds like some of my con buckets were stolen, which would look like dirt bucket to someone who didn't know it might be valuable so if they weren't prospectors, they must be familiar with it to take buckets of dirt.

It may have happened a few weeks ago, I just now got someone track me down from some papers they found in my abandoned trailer and let me know about it sitting there in the middle of the road. It's been 110 or hotter out there so there weren't many prospectors around but one said he thought he saw my trailer moved at least a few weeks ago.

If anyone has info leading to an arrest with at least some of my items found so I know it was them, I will give you $1000 cash. We can work it out anonymously if preferred.

Thanks

• Sad 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I hate the fact that someone works hard for what they have, while others have no respect or give a shit and think that by ripping off people it's ok.  My Father always told me, if you don't have the money, you don't need it.  I think a lot of it comes down to parenting, as I know if I stolen something my Father would absolutely kill me.  I was more afraid of him and what he would do than any law enforcement officer. 

My Father also said a lot, "a lock only keeps an honest man honest!"  

• Like 1