Question from Forum Member to Me - Video Included

• Admin

Hello All,

A forum member sent me this question after I posted one of my videos.  To answer his question, years ago I started to make a video series, but only ended up getting like one video up about "What to Look for in the Field."  This video might help some to ID handstacking, which is very common in areas that have been placered mined.  You might need to turn the volume up a tiny bit.  

Rob:  Nice job with the latest video.  As a beginner I am always interested in learning more about identifying favorable terrain.  Do you have any video or still shots of what the general area looked like so that I might learn how to identify favorable terrain and what indicators you used to spot a potential area?  Thanks for any help you provide.

• Like 5

Rob I’ll tell ya back in the day (1990’s)we spent a lot producing our (VHS) gold nugget hunting video. 

Hi quality glossy color flyers we made for the prospecting shops, I've still got a stack of about 20 of them, mint condition. Even the art work on the VHS sleeves on the tapes. But that was back then.

Most cell phones (especially Apple with their new three lens phones)have video quality as good or better than we paid the crew a hundred dollars an hour to shoot that video for us.

Just sayin. 

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZNuggetBob said:

Rob I’ll tell ya back in the day (1990’s)we spent a lot producing our (VHS) gold nugget hunting video. 

Hi quality glossy color flyers we made for the prospecting shops, I've still got a stack of about 20 of them, mint condition. Even the art work on the VHS sleeves on the tapes. But that was back then.

Most cell phones (especially Apple with their new three lens phones)have video quality as good or better than we paid the crew a hundred dollars an hour to shoot that video for us.

Do you still have the master video?  If so you should look into re releasing as a video download.

• Like 1

Thanks for your support  way2cool-Jim P.

I agree with you on a digital download version.

But I don't own any interest in the video anymore. As a matter of fact I heard Ron Driscoll sold all the rights to some guy in N.Y. Ron was the original producer of it and got the whole thing rolling.

But really I think it's time to make a new one anyway. I’ve learned a lot more about prospecting/nugget hunting/mining in the last 27 years since that video was made.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 4

Bob, you are more than welcome, been hoping you'd make another one. I've been encouraging Rob to do one for years, but he's already going in about ten directions at once. Looking foreword to seeing it. Maybe a youtube channel with some tidbit's to get the interest piqued. Later...Jim P. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim P. 

I hope I've helped you out with some of my posts.

I agree the net is the way to go these days. Back in the early 90’s when we made the video the net was in its infancy.

It's all about advertising on the net these days. I agree, If you do it right it's free. (youtube) facebook, twitter, We poured a lot into advertising on that old video and it was old school advertising, and we still sold a bunch of them. I gave away some of them autographed as promotional items at gold shows with a detector purchase. Back then I was selling Fisher gold bugs on the side at gold shows and swap meets.. Keep in mind that there were four nugget hunters featured in the video. I have one of the video’s with all four autographs on the cover, and it means a lot to me.

I have no doubts that the detector technology is going to continue.

And with more knowledge people are going to continue to find more great gold deposits.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Absolutely Bob, I'm sure that video and your posts have helped hundreds if not thousands of us. Thank You. I was a complete newbie, stumbling around the desert with my $100 pawn store Tesoro Diablo,  when I first discovered your video. I think Arizona Al had it playing in his shop. Being on an extremely limited budget at the time, I found a copy at the library and watched it many times. Until I found the internet news groups, like nuggetstatlkers, that video, a hand full of books and even fewer "old timers" willing to share was the only source of how and where I knew of. Thanks again.

Later...Jim P.

• Thanks 1