Closed claims

I have noticed during my research there are a lot of closed claims in Chaffee county Colorado does anyone know the reason I have heard in the past that it was good ground

The only thing that I’ve run into that to dredge on a claim BLM requires a bond to do so . The trouble is if you don’t own them you can’t get the bond so says BLM . GPAA has claims but they not going to get the bond so you sit there with only a pan in hand.

Your membership to GPAA for any Colorado claims is worthless. It is some clubs in Colorado that do get a bond and they can issue a permit to dredge. I believe they will charge you a fee to help cover the cost of the bond .

Before BLM started charging you just needed a permit from BLM and you were set to go. Like so many things it’s history now but I was enjoying while it lasted.

I say go check them out and if it shows color worth filing them do it.

Chuck 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dave on Gold Rush is in Colorado working a claim and every time he turns around someone is running to the county complaining about anything they can think of to stop him .

People won’t put out the money to work a claim but they don’t want you either. They think you will get something in the way of gold for nothing. They have no idea what the start up cost is and if not enough gold per yard you will lose it all over night.

Miners and farmers are a lot a like because both are gambling on if they will make it are not.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I have 6 different techniques for finding gold and at least one or two always works but patience is the key 

I have 6 different techniques for finding gold and at least one or two always works but patience is the key 

• 1 month later...

I have found out since that for one reason or another claims are being forfeited or abandoned mostly because they have not paid there fees 

That's alright it just creates more opportunities for us who are dedicated and put forth the effort 

• 4 months later...