Hunting time!

What's a good way to start off the new year? With a nugget of course! So, planning an unoffical get together. No raffles, no big dinners, no training sessions, no meetings just detecting, big area to ride around in, comraderie, maybe some cocktails and lying around the fire!
I'm looking at between Jan 12-20th at Tom Wells (west of Q) at the village. Area is all pretty much open and alot of camping. Good gold area. Weather looks to be good. Think about it and hope you can make it!
Any input?
  • Like 4

• Admin

Hey Shep,

I think it would be a great trip.  I'm trying to see if I can get out that weekend, it would be Jan 15th & 16th, but I might be able to get a day prior or after also.  When you get to Tom Well's Road, do you go North or South?  How are the road, good enough to pull a side-by-side trailer in and such?

Rob

• Like 1

Shep,

I will try to make it, it would be good to see the everybody again.  South on Tom Wells Rd.  The road is no problem for a side-by-side trailer or a much larger trailer.

Jeff

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say trip to Quartszite is on hold right now. Neighbor across street came over last week and spent time with wife and got sick next day. I guess gave it to wife, as she got ill Saturday. We've been staying separated but my chest is kinda junk this morning. Not going to take a chance of spreading anything so going to back out of trip to Quartzsite for now. 

Bob, I'm doing better. Was more concerned about wife. Back to bein bitchy so doing better. Told me to get out. Going to give it a day or so and all is well- going down Monday for week.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 9:19 AM, shep said:
What's a good way to start off the new year? With a nugget of course! So, planning an unoffical get together. No raffles, no big dinners, no training sessions, no meetings just detecting, big area to ride around in, comraderie, maybe some cocktails and lying around the fire!
I'm looking at between Jan 12-20th at Tom Wells (west of Q) at the village. Area is all pretty much open and alot of camping. Good gold area. Weather looks to be good. Think about it and hope you can make it!
Any input?

Shep 

I have to say I would like to meet you some day. I like your nugget hunting style.

• Like 3

Bob, just saw this. Where do you hail from? I'm out of Prescott Valley. We make trips down to valley, Q and Gold Basin a couple of times a year/ With fuel prices there will be less trips. Hunting around now in the Bradshaws; not much luck yet.

• Like 2

Shep,

It was a good trip and nice to visit with you and Doug and Tom etc....  Thanks for the always great hospitality.  Have to get out again soon.

Jeff

• Like 1