Memeorial for Thomas Shep Shepard

As many of you know, my brother, "Shep" Shepherd passed away on August 10th in Prescott Valley, AZ. I knew him as "Tom" and he was my big brother. I always looked up to Tom from my early years and will forever. I was proud that he joined the Navy and served on the USS Ranger - that he was a true prospector dredging in the Feather River, prospecting in CA, and here in AZ. He hated it when the skunk got him and he had to return home empty-handed. I never returned home empty as our time together in Gold Basin, Rich Hill, or the Village at Quartzite was precious. He ran his own successful A/C business in Oakhurst, CA - Oakhurst Air.
We are planning a small memorial service for Shep on Saturday, November 12th at Quartzite. We will meet at the Village on Tom Wells Road at about 11, then go off to the well head. I'm planning to make a small wooden box and place in it things that remind me of Tom and share a bit. If you have something you might like to put in that box, and share as well, I'd like to invite you to do that. Nothing valuable, obviously. He considered you his family.
We will bury the box in a small hole. Afterwards, we will have a potluck meal. Bring some food to share and we will gather together and talk. Water, plates, utensils, etc. will be provided. If you could let us know you will be there, we'd appreciate it. If you just show up, well, that'll be ok too. Tom wouldn't mind and neither will we.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 6 months later...