A valuable tip, fwiw

Thanks again Flak,

I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago, when I was working over in the Bradshaws.

Was using the Coiltec 14" mono and every once in awhile I would get a false beep. When I would move the cable just a little, at the control box I would get all kinds of sounds. I would tighten it a bit and would be OK for awhile and then it would start over again.

Thanks for the reminder. "Ol, eagle eye, with pen and pad.

Bob T.

• Admin

Hello Flak,

That is a very valuable tip that Bob "Montana" Dansie wrote up. I actually just told my new GP3500 customer today about it. He had the searchcoil cable loosely wrapped around the lower and upper shaft. I mentioned Bob's post to him and said he either needed to use electrical tape and Velcro, or use Bob's more creative design.

Any vibration or movement in the search coil cable can cause false signals.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

I think sometimes it would be a good idea to back through some of the

most important 'tips' on all the forums, list them and pin them up on the header.

When I get a moment (not sure when that would be actually but...)

I may put a one together and see if it has any interest.

What do you think?

regards,

• Admin

Hello Flak,

It's a great idea. One major reason, we always have new guys lurking the forums, some join some don't. Most of the more experienced people know most of the basic tips and tricks, but then again there are handfuls of new people just getting into this wonderful hobby.

I always like to see other ideas and how others are setting up their equipment. Everyone develops their own style using pointers from what people showed them.

If you have some ideas, please post them. :D

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison