METAL DETECTING

er....the gold? :blink: New to the detecting world. Unfortunately, right now I am without a vehicle. Therefore, I am looking for someone or a group to go out with that might be willing to give me some hints and tips. Tried my new detector out in the park and did get hits, however, found it is not as easy as it looks. I cannot afford any high cost trips, but can put in for gas. Thanks all and nice meeting you (I think...lol).

er....the gold?Ā  :blink: New to the detecting world.Ā  Unfortunately, right now I am without a vehicle.Ā  Therefore,Ā  I am looking for someone or a group to go out with that might be willing to give me some hints and tips.Ā  Tried my new detector out in the park and did get hits, however, found it is not as easy as it looks.Ā  I cannot afford any high cost trips, but can put in for gas. Thanks all and nice meeting you (I think...lol).

Well orglioness, I'd be more then happy to help ya, just exactly where do you live? Will we need Bob's teleporter or Flakmagnet's sky hook? Just funning ya. Where are you located, I'm sure that someone can help you out.

Bob

Well orglioness, I'd be more then happy to help ya, just exactly where do you live? Will we need Bob's teleporter or Flakmagnet's sky hook? Just funning ya. Where are you located, I'm sure that someone can help you out.

Bob

I'm in Chandler not too far off of Elliot an 101. I sure hope I am doing this right. Don't know if you are getting the message I am sending. Hope so.

Orglioness, you won't find a better place or a better bunch of folks to help a "newbie" than here.

Yea, we are guilty of having a little fun now and then kidding somebody, but for the most part everyone is serious and is always willing to give a helping hand to someone that ask like you have.

A lot of folks on here work just like you do and their time is limited for this great hobby.

Others like me are just retired old farts enjoying life to the fullest, won't call any names but you've already heard from a couple of them. :lol:

If that's Chandler, AZ then you've got a lot of neighbors all around you that can and probably will give you a hand.

Hope you find a lot of gold. :D

Orglioness, you won't find a better place or a better bunch of folks to help a "newbie" than here.

Yea, we are guilty of having a little fun now and then kidding somebody, but for the most part everyone is serious and is always willing to give a helping hand to someone that ask like you have.

A lot of folks on here work just like you do and their time is limited for this great hobby.

Others like me are just retired old farts enjoying life to the fullest, won't call any names but you've already heard from a couple of them.Ā  :lol:

If that's Chandler, AZ then you've got a lot of neighbors all around you that can and probably will give you a hand.

Hope you find a lot of gold.Ā  :D

I am not exactly a spring chicken myself Bob...told I don't look it though...no...not like the chicken...lol :rolleyes:

Dear orglioness;

The nights are now getting cooler, so I reckon that winter is going to be here shortly. I suppose that I'll be heading for the high mountains about mid-June. If you want to come along let me know and I'll hitch a couple of extra burros for you. By the way, do you like rice and beans or do you prefer something more gourmet, such as beans and rice?

Your friend;

LAMAR

Hi amigo Lamar, good to hear from you. Was getting a little worried.

Your right winter is just around the corner, nights are already a nippy 68ƂĀ°-70ƂĀ°, I may have to turn off the fans. :P

I prefer my rice with the beans on top, then a big glob of hot sauce on top of that. Then a nice piece of that dried (rotted) beef to go with it. yum, yum.

Probably shouldn't mention the magets in the beef, ok I won't. :o

I've always got the coffee pot on if you get this way.

Dear garimpo;

I am fine my friend! The air is getting chilly here during the nights too. The other evening the ol' mercury dipped down to 51 degrees but I was fortunate enough to have had my hooded sweater and longhandles with me so I didn't die of hypothermia! I've been beeping quite a bit but not much gold to show for my efforts yet, just a couple of pieces here and there. I was in San Ramon several days ago and that place is treacherous for a metal detector! The ground is ultra-hot and it's loaded with magnetite, mica, halides (salts) about 3 or 4 different kinds of sulfides and on top of it all, there are several layers of charcoal from the annual forest clearings. And to make matters worse, it rained heavily which brought up all of the background noise to an undetectable level. I couldn't get my GP3K to balance out, no matter which coil I tried so I finally ended up folding my tent and going home. I'm going to stay out of that area until the dry season from now on. I'm fixing to order a new SD2100 from Rob, along with a cubic buttload of new coils and other accessories, once I can figure out how to ship everything into the country. What a PITA!

I wasn't going to mention the quality of the meat here because I was going to spring that on Orglioness as a suprise! Besides, stuff like refrigeration and sanitation are very highly over rated concepts, IMHO. I've learned that as the beef *ages* you just add more hot sauce and it sort of balances everything out to a digestable level, until it gets to the point that when you get a big forkful about 2" from your nose and your eyes start to water, then it's time to find some fresher beef.

I'd like to mosey on over to your neck of the woods sometime in the Spring I reckon, around late September or early October to see for myself how much better you guys have it on the other side of the border. I'm thinking about wanting to sit down and talk with you about a couple of ideas that have been bouncing around in my head for the last year or so and I'd like very much to hear your opinion of them.

Keep finding the gold, my friend!

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Lamar,

Sent you a PM, but not certain you received it. I have everything now in stock besides the Coiltek External Speaker. A customer came over last night and I showed him your order. He couldn't believe all the stuff. However, I told him you were in Bolivia and it's tough to order one coil at a time! :o I just received another large batch of Minelab Commander Searchcoils, so I have all the ones you asked about.

Hoping to hear about the External Speakers very soon.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Dear orglioness;

The nights are now getting cooler, so I reckon that winter is going to be here shortly. I suppose that I'll be heading for the high mountains about mid-June. If you want to come along let me know and I'll hitch a couple of extra burros for you. By the way, do you like rice and beans or do you prefer something more gourmet, such as beans and rice?

Your friend;

LAMAR

Believe it or not, I love to camp and had my own horses at one time. I fish and clean my own (thank you). Have been known to chop firewood. You bet I'm ready, and I can cook smartie! B) Still need to know if anyone is going out tomorrow or Sunday, eh? Thank you all by the way. :D

I am not exactly a spring chicken myself Bob...told I don't look it though...no...not like the chicken...lolĀ  :rolleyes:

Org,

I have a land Ranger that I learned on and still use for relic and coin hunting. I also have a gold Bug 2 for gold hunting. I'm in California so if you have a problem getting help closer, PM me and come on over. we can see what kind of trouble we can get in.

Bob