Todays hunt with the guys

Well today, Shep, Lewis, Larry and I , trecked up the hill to the nugget patch, I got skunked again, {no Biggie} Larry got skunked, Lewis got one too. Shep had his new Wallaby, figured a nugget would be better than a hang over from the Clampers party. So he's the only one that found a nugget, good way to break in a new coil. said it ran so smooth, he had to put it over a chunk of iron to see if it was working , it was. heres his find a nice 2.1 DWT nugget. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Good to hear you guys all make it out to the patch. Too bad you didn't score, but I know there will be many more days where you will. :D Glad to hear Shep's Wallaby DD Pro Searchcoil was running smooth. Great way to break in the new coil with a $60-$70 nugget. Couple more of those and the coil is paid for! :o

Several friends and I went out to a spot I discovered some time ago and a bunch of nuggets were found. I found (17) ;) , Glenn found (6) :P , and a new guy found (5). :) This is the same spot Jim P. found his (4) nuggets last weekend, with one being over 1/4 ounce. Within a few weeks more than 60 nuggets have been taken from this patch.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob, Wallaby was almost too quiet! Much quieter than last one, even in mono. I wasn't gonna say it; but what the heck. Get those Platapus's for patch finding; but when it's time to clean out the patch, get a wallaby :P

• Admin

Hey Shep,

I'll tell you what, with the size of the gold you guys find up there I wouldn't use anything besides the Wallaby DD Pro. It's the smoothest running coil I have ever used and gets good depth. With all the small nuggets (under 1/2 dwt) we find here, the smaller mono coils do great, but for prospecting, bigger gold or mineralized areas the Wallaby DD Pro is my first choice.

Congrats on the new nugget find! :D

Rob Allison

Grubstake Gary, sorry to hear that the nuggets weren't biting. Maybe a change of bait will help... ;) Sooner or later you'll get your stride back (hopefully sooner than later) and we'll be once again drooling over your finds. Thanks for posting your story.

Shep, nice nugget! Good on you...by the way, how you holding out? I've been off them there coffin nails now almost a year. End of June will make a year!!! :) I still feel the urge now and then but the worst is pretty much smooth sailing from here on!