IT WAS A GOOD DAY FOR NUGGETS!

• Admin

Hello All,

Today was a good day for just dinking around the hills. Several friends and I decided to head back to a spot I discovered some time ago and work the heck out of it. This is the same location where Jim P. hit his record breaking 5+ Dwter last weekend. The patch area has now yielded more than 50 nuggets, two of them being over 1/4 ounce. :D

After about 6 hours of hunting I located (17) nuggets, Glenn found (6), Paul (5) and Leaverite ... well (0) from when we left. :(

Pictures below are the nuggets I found (left side) and what Glenn found in two days hunting the patch (right side). His biggest piece was just shy of 1/4 ounce. Most of the nuggets were found with the Coiltek Joey Mono's since the ground is very shallow.

nicehit.jpg

The patch is now pretty much cleaned out unless you want to dink around for 1-2 grainers.

It's still out there,

Rob Allison

Well I just walked in the door and my poke is still empty :( . Still had a great time tho. I was hoping Rob would get a deep one that had become part of the bedrock so I could dig it out :D . How’d you like that shoulder too shoulder detecting Rob? That wobbling in the headphones gets to me after awhile ;) .

Jim P, Congrats on last weeks find. I have a feeling that one wont be your biggest one for oh… about 38 day’s.

Well if this image don't beat all ! I expect this image to make the pic's on Rob's site with all the other finds. Thats an amazing batch of gold and has got me itchin' to fire up my gold sniffin' 96' front wd Taurus 'Gold colored of course' and set off next weekend with the SD2100v2.

By the way thanks for 'The Nuggetshooters Bible' Vol 3 from Jim Straight I picked up from you the other night. This book is awesome and I hope to put some of Jim's tips as well as your own to work.

Was nice meating Leaverite the other night too. It's nice to put a face to the forums and you both are great people and I look forward to getting a call one of these days to hit the trail with you some weekend too. Ya got my #. Don't be shy. Remember my weekends are wide open. (hehe).

Hello All,

Today was a good day for just dinking around the hills.  Several friends and I decided to head back to a spot I discovered some time ago and work the heck out of it.  This is the same location where Jim P. hit his record breaking 5+ Dwter last weekend.  The patch area has now yielded more than 50 nuggets, two of them being over 1/4 ounce.  :D

After about 6 hours of hunting I located (17) nuggets, Glenn found (6), Paul (5) and Leaverite ... well (0) from when we left.  :(

Pictures below are the nuggets I found (left side) and what Glenn found in two days hunting the patch (right side).  His biggest piece was just shy of 1/4 ounce.  Most of the nuggets were found with the Coiltek Joey Mono's since the ground is very shallow. 

nicehit.jpg

The patch is now pretty much cleaned out unless you want to dink around for 1-2 grainers.

It's still out there,

Rob Allison

Hay Rob;

That is some pretty nice looking Gold,...........where you guys down arouind Soap creek, or deeper into the Bradshaws ? Of-late the only thing I've been finding is natural Copper,..............I'll try to post some pictures. Well now that the patch is pretty much cleaned out I wouldn't mind getting together with you to get some of those 1-2 grainers. I'm happy with those :) Let me know the next time you guys are going out, if you wouldn't mind a little more company.....Gary

post-803-1146411666_thumb.jpg

post-803-1146411699_thumb.jpg

post-803-1146411727_thumb.jpg

post-803-1146411761_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Yep, we were around Soap Creek! :rolleyes: No, just kidding.

Those copper nuggets are fun to find. Sometimes they can be mixed in with gold nuggets or very close to them. I know the spot where you're finding those ones. I found some nice crystalline copper there about 10 years ago sticking right out of the country rock. There's some really beautiful specimens of copper in that spot. A friend found one there, or very close, that was the size of a human palm sticking off a big piece of country rock. I have no clue what he did with it, but I tried to purchase it with no luck. :(

When is the last time you hit some nuggets?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Gary,

Yep, we were around Soap Creek!  :rolleyes:  No, just kidding. 

Those copper nuggets are fun to find.  Sometimes they can be mixed in with gold nuggets or very close to them.  I know the spot where you're finding those ones.  I found some nice crystalline copper there about 10 years ago sticking right out of the country rock.  There's some really beautiful specimens of copper in that spot.  A friend found one there, or very close, that was the size of a human palm sticking off a big piece of country rock.  I have no clue what he did with it, but I tried to purchase it with no luck.  :(

When is the last time you hit some nuggets? 

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Rob,

Yea, it's my understanding that if you find a patch of copper nuggets, that there is usually Gold ones there (somewhere) as well. I spent about 3-hours at this location digging the copper out of the schist, but didn't find any Gold. I even hunted on up on the hillside on the outcrop, but nothing. As for the last time that I have hit any nuggets,......Well,.....it's been-a-while (about a month), and then I only found (1) .2 gram one down on Wolf creek. Been doing a-keck-of-alot of searching of various suspect areas, but coming up empty-handed. And real soon-now the summer heat is going to slow my efforts even more to where I'll probably have to forgo finding a reliable patch until it cools-off around September,...atleast down around Black Canyon and lower.

Tald to ya later,

Gary Michael

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Most of the time when you find copper nuggets gold is nearby. However, I have found several places in the Bradshaw's where I can't find a single nugget around. For the most part you can if you search the surrounding areas, but there are a few that won't have gold.

Yesterday it got warm very quick. It's that time of the year where the hunts will become earlier and shorter. We found a few spots where we can dink around this Summer for some close gold to elliminate the hiking.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison