Sunday's Quick Hunt for Gold

• Admin

Hello All,

Today I had to meet up with a new GP3500 customer (Keith from New River), but had some time after the meeting to do some beeping with Leaverite. Due to the late start we tried a spot not far from the road, but the place has really been turned over. After a few hours of detecting Leaverite and I decided to head to another spot.

The second location is a small wash that was stacked from the bottom to top. However, it's a spot that was overlooked for years due to the location. A good hunting partner found a nice handful out of this wash during the original discovery, but it's now just a spot to dink around with. I did manage to score (4) nuggets from the wash, which was a big surprise.

Just goes to show, you can never get all the gold the first time.

Below are two pictures of the gold nuggets I recovered today.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks for the comments. Been doing well, but most of the nuggets are small. Within the last 30-40 nuggets I found, only about 4 of them have been over a Dwt. The biggest was a 5.5 Dwter a couple of weekends ago.

Uncle Ron - You been hitting it much? The temps are starting to get up there now. :(

Russ Ford - The old-timers worked this area a long time ago. Most of the tailing piles are very hard to spot, since they are almost flat now. Never found a nugget in a tailing pile yet, but found them in the wash and slopes above. I'm sure there would be some good color for drywashing.

Grubstake - You guys have one heck of a patch going there. No telling what might pop out on the next trip. I'm shipping Shep new coil this morning.

Bob - You have that right, what I'm I thinking now. I could have worked this spot during the winter season, but decided to hit it now. There's more gold to be found here, but I'm not sure about anything over 1/4 ounce. You hitting any spots out West?

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison