"QUICK HUNT TO NEW AREA"

• Admin

Hello All,

For the last couple of months I had my eye on another location, but knew it consisted of a good hike. I was able to convince a good friend today to make the hike, but it ended up more as an adventure/learning experience. The hike was much longer than expected so by the time we arrived we were pretty pooped out. The area looked much better from a distance, but still showed promise once we arrived. The old-timers sampled parts of the wash, but from the workings it probably wasn't real productive.

My good friend decided he would lighten his load and leave half his water about half way to the location. Long story short, on the way back he couldn't find the spare water and he was about dehydrated. Luckily I was able to ration some of my fluids and had a spare Gatorade to give. I have no clue where he placed the spare water, but he was so delirious he couldn't remember… :wacko: Luckily we were able to get the hell out of there and I had a few nuggets to show for.

When in doubt, take 3 times the liquids you think you will drink! :mellow:

The biggest piece is 3.0 Dwt's and the small dink is .01 Dwts.

Take care,

Rob Allison

And you say that "I" should take tomorrow off and just rest, when ...."You" keep on comming on here showing "pockets-full-of-nuggets", as if they are going out-of-style <_< ,..........And do ya ever invite me.................."NOooooooooooooo",.........that's juist like a "Phoenician"-"flat-lander" :P:blink::D ................nice nugget "anyway",.....what coil where ya using,...............or is that Secret Too????...............Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

I think I might take tomorrow off. :rolleyes: Both nuggets (dink & 3 Dwter) were both found with the Coiltek Wallaby Mono R-Factor. :o Yes, this is a secret coil, so I have to hide out with it in the goldfields. My partner was using a normal Wallaby Mono on his new GP3500. The nuggets are pictured on his Coiltek Joey Mono though.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Dayamn, Robbie, you just keep slayin' em ... Clean that puppy up and post it.... Mayhaps you should give yer ol' decrepulated Unc in the Dubyah a lesson out of pity and a guided tour :) or least ways an X on the quad ;)B) ...Good Job... Cheers, Unc

Hey Rob,

You young sprouts better just lay in close to town and leave all that hiking to us old experienced ones. As to the location, you can call or PM me with the X's.

Now where is my map and pen??

Got some maps from Unc. Ron awhile back and he did the same thing, forgot to put in the X's.

Anyway, thats some nice stuff, keep up the good work.

Bob T.

Good going Rob and some nice gold. Losing the water was a tough break. Years ago, and before we had GPS, I started carrying a roll of Surveyor’s tape. You know, that bright orange and pink ribbon you see on the end of the survey stakes at a construction site. When I would get a deer down, I would mark the brush with the tape and then go back for the bike to haul it out. I still carry a roll in my fanny pack. Home depot sells it for next to nothing. A couple of 3 ft. streamers high up in the brush/trees would have made it easy to find your H2O stash.

mick

Rob,

Way to go on the finds. Sorry to hear about losing te water thou. It is defenitly warming up quick and can get nice and warm hiking and exploring the hillsides and washes :( , you definitly want water with you. At work they are having me drink a product that comes in a pouch that you add 6oz of water to and drink taste better than gatorade and the pouches are small enough will not take up much room in a pack :) . The package claims to restore fluids and nutrients to your body :) . I will bring a package home tomorrow and post all the ingredients. I know for sure it has potasium and other stuff to help with dehydration. It seems to be a good product and I will be adding it to my pack Iam figuring I will only need 1 100oz water bladder for a day with this product and not have to worry about trying to pack bottles of gatorade with me. I will let you all know in a different post tomorrow.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Grubstake - I pretty much did the same, stuck around home Sunday to rest up. Talked with Reno Chris tonight, but forgot to ask him about Rye Patch. You mentioned Chris was joining your group up there?

Uncle Ron - I think the area is pretty clean now. One of my partners, Ohio, returned to the area today and found one 14 grainer and a few copper nuggets. Sounds like it's pretty beat down now. You been hitting LSD lately?

Colorado Bob - Thanks for the comments. Was wondering if you have been doing any more exploring in the Quartzsite area? How about the heat down there? :D I really love that country down there, but hate to prospect it during the summer months. I know a couple of areas that we talked about that need some serious exploring. Make sure you're not passing my secrets to others! :o

Kamikaze - Well I just hope I can continue the luck at Moore Creek. I know Moore Creek is spotty, but can be very productive if you're in the right area. I know I hunted for hours, sometimes all day before hitting a piece of gold. However, there were other times when I hit multiple pieces on one single pile. I'm just trying to keep my skills polished for Moore Creek.

Mick - Thanks for the comments and joining in. I hardly see you post much, so I must say it's good surprise! :D I can't believe my partner couldn't locate the water, but then again it was his second time to the area. I would think he would have left the water out in the open, but he buried it with rocks and make it much harder to find. I also make sure I carry more liquids than needed since I had a bad experience about 8 years ago. I'm not sure we will be hiking into the area anymore this year, it's too hot and most of the easy stuff is now gone.

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Frank,

Thanks for posting. I seen you were posting a message and couldn't find it. Low and behold when I was typing my message to the above members you were posting yours here also.

Would be interested in hearing about the additive package you use and the ingredients. I pretty much carry a 100oz water bladder that I fill completely with ice and water. I normally also take (2) big Gatorade bottles on long hikes. In the winter seasons I only carry the water bladder and hardly ever drink it all.

The key is to keep your body hydrated before you start hiking. Sometimes this might mean a day or so prior to the hike.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Mick - Thanks for the comments and joining in.  I hardly see you post much, so I must say it's good surprise!  :D I can't believe my partner couldn't locate the water, but then again it was his second time to the area.  I would think he would have left the water out in the open, but he buried it with rocks and make it much harder to find.  I also make sure I carry more liquids than needed since I had a bad experience about 8 years ago.  I'm not sure we will be hiking into the area anymore this year, it's too hot and most of the easy stuff is now gone. 

Rob,

I haven't been out in over a month :angry: I work for a school district and we get busy near the end of the year. Plus, somehow I let my wife talk me into remodeling a bathroom :blink: I will be out this weekend for sure. I need a gold fix... or at least a prospecting fix.

mick