X-Terra 70

Hi Alan,

theirs a couple of threads going on MSN gold detecting? it may help :rolleyes:

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Alan,

The new Minelab X-Terra 70 is a hot seller right now. Just sold two more this week with my bundle package.

The X-70 gets great depth on coins with the stock 9-inch concentric coil. The stock coil will find gold nuggets, but I highly recommend the 10-inch elliptical for gold nugget hunting. I have found nuggets down to 1-2 grains in size on the surface of the bedrock with the X-Terra 70 and 10-inch elliptical coil. The stock coil picks up a lot more ground noise and hot rocks in the gold prospecting mode.

For the price, the X-Terra 70 is a great mid-lined coin/relic/treasure/gold nugget detector. Obviously, you can't get the best of both worlds with just one detector, or at least not yet. In my opinion the best coin/relic detector is the Minelab Explorer II if you can master it, and the Minelab GP3500 for gold nuggets. Sure would be nice to have both of these machines in one unit.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison

Thanks Rob.

I have heard that the X-Terra 70 will push the Whites MXT...but if you read about the MXT, it has a problem handling ground mineralization....it was first going to be a nugget machine, then changed it to be a coin hunter, then I read reports that the X-Terra 70 is great on Nuggets, but lacking power for depth.

You have to give up somthing to get somthing.

I wish Minelab would come up with a machine that was a P.I. and with the flick of a switch, would become a VLF machine, sensitive as the GB 2! :D or have the performance coin hunting as the Explorer II.

It will happen some day I'm sure, but with a price.

Hell, my wife is still pissed at me for getting my 3000! :(

Thanks

Alan

I've had the X-Terra out a half dozen times and am starting to feel pretty comfortable with it although no gold found yet. Here's my opinion:

Pos:

Very good target I.D. in the coin mode on shallow targets.

Very good depth and sensitivity in the prospecting mode.

Ability to hunt in prospecting mode and check targets in coin mode I.D. with one click.

Very light weight and easy to handle.

And will handle mineralized ground as good or better than most VLFs.

An excellent dual purpose machine.

Neg:

Learning curve is slightly longer because of so many features.

Coin mode has less depth and I.D. works best on strong signals.

Prospecting mode is audio only, but does have good iron des.

Target I.D. in coin mode can be confusing in mineralized ground because of mixed signals.

I like this machine and will use it for taking into rough areas for the first time because of it's light weight, good descrimination. sensitivity, and mineralization handling capabilities. However, since I sell this machine for ML, I know some of you will take what I say with a grain of salt.....so be it. Good luck.

......... russ

Hell, my wife is still pissed at me for getting my 3000! :(

Thanks

Alan

Eodseal2000,

Sounds like you need to get another detector for your wife, maybe the best trade you’ll ever make. Cough, cough! Ahem, well ah, ok I’m sure you love your wife and would never part with her for a machine, thank goodness, “but I’m just sayin’”. :rolleyes:

Rex

Hey Alan,

Have some ear rings made from the gold nuggets you find and she'll love you!

My wife is tolerant of my purchases, but to keep the scales balanced, I practice what my dear departed Dad used to do! He loved guns! When he would buy a gun, he would hide it in the closet with the off season clothes. Later when he saved enough money to buy Mom some jewlery, he would give her the present and she would then ask Dad what gun did he buy! It was a workable system. I adopted it myself. Last summer after buying my 3000, I took Vicky out and bought her a Toshiba laptop she had been wanting. While it didn't even cost half as much as my 3000 she is happy with it! Of course jewlery came along for her birthday!

I have also the Explorer II and I can attest that it is a challenge to master, but well worth the time to do learn. Lots of fun with that unit!

Have a great weekend all!

Regards

Karl

eodseal2000,

Er, I guess you got the joke even though I'm not so sure. I meant you could trade your wife for a detector. I was writing a take-off of a bumper sticker I saw once which read, "I got a gun for my wife...best trade I ever made". This same guy had another bumper sticker on his other vehicle which read, "Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again". Anyway, I think I've exhausted my funny bone for the time being. :huh:

RCB

I wanted to thank everyone for their input.

I have driven everyone crazy and have spent countless hours searching for information in

"the neutral zone" for info on the X-Terra 70..my findings:

The X-Terra 70 is an awsome machine!

People who say that it dosen't I.D. coins correctly or dosen't have depth simply do not have the machine ground balanced correctly!

The X-Terra 70 wil give the MXT a run for the money, and will handle bad ground better.

It's light, very user friendly and has all kinds of options, including automatic or manual everything, you can tune out anything you want (find a poor target, have machine detect it, then choose to cancell it out, like a 22 casing or?), even has 99 audible tones, 99!!!

Order your FREE X-Terra DVD from Minelab today, you won't be sorry.

Just my 5 cents worth.

Alan

• Admin

Hello Alan,

I have just poked around with my X-Terra 70 using it more as a nugget detector. I wanted to see how it would handle mineralization and how small of gold it would find. I know it will find 2-3 grainers with ease! The machine is so simple to use I can see why it's a hot seller for Minelab.

Did you ever get a Minelab X-Terra 70? :rolleyes::lol::P

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob

No not yet :(

I will in a week!

I promis to put it through the wringer and post an honist report.

I have a friend that has property dating back t the 1800's.

There were once 2 mining towns on his property and it has never been detected! :D

That will be a great place to break it in.

He told me today that there is a tree the miners used to bury their hygraded gold under and after the coast was clear, they dug it up. He is going to show me where the tree is... :D

Alan