Todays hunt with Shep and the Platypus's

Bob, its hit and miss, most times I can get a nugget or more, but I have been skunked up there about 5 times now. I feel luck, to have a place or places to got close to home. And the company could not be better. Shep, Pondmn and my uncle are a ball to detect with. The gold is extra. Grubstake

:D Hi Gary,

Great nuggets, I love those soft sounds from my Platypus :blink: Hey did you stack those rocks in the picture?

Take care,

Ed

Yeh BIGED, I stacked them there! NO! not really they were stacked many moons ago back in the 1930's. Area has been ground sluiced. Many gold nuggets left behind by the old times. AS THE SAY GOLD IS NOT ALWAYS WHERE YOU LOOK! BUT IS ALWAYS WHERE YOU FIND IT! Grubstake

The little critters totalled 2.6g. 1.0 and 1.6g. They're cute, but wouldn't want to take home to mama ;)

Hey Shep,

Next time, you'll find on one you could smack on the @$$ and it will call you Daddy :blink:

Golds gold :P

Take care,

Ed

Hi gary,

Like seeing your pic's of ground, I'd like to get out of the water :D

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Shep/Grubstake,

Congrats on the new nugget finds from the patch. Great to hear Shep hit some nuggets right out of the gate with the new Coiltek Platypus. How do you like it Shep? Does it work well, or did you just get lucky to find the nuggets? :D

We all know Grubstake swears by the coil. That patch must be an amazing place to visit.

Thanks for sharing,

Rob Allison

Rob, he found the first nugget pretty quick, with the Platy, but then it kind of got to acting up, I told him that it was prob. the connector at the coil,I have seen coils shipped, that were not tight at the connection, so he gave it a slight turn to tighten. Then he said lets switch coils, so we did, he found the secound nugget with my coil, It was working great on his detector, and his coil was running really smooth on mine. So we switched back, and his was running great on his detector. So fron my view you need to check connection on new coils, thats not the first time on a coil the connector has been lose. But that took care of the problem. I hope your ears wern't burning, He was in a bad mood for awhile, thought he had another bad coil! Not the case, just lose connections. Great coil and he now agrees. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

I thought my ears were ringing Saturday. Shep was probably saying that .."beep".. Rob ."beep.beep" .. Rob .."beep".. Doc "beep..beep..beep" Coiltek .... :lol::rolleyes: Glad you guys got the problem resolved and found some gold.

It's best to tighten all the coil connectors when you receive a new coil, especially the WOT coils cause they are not connected during shipping.

Take care,

Rob Allison

ROB, thats what I told SHEP, every coil I have gotten, I had to tighten the connector right at the coil. I know they do that so they can stack the coils in shipping. So its just an automatic thing for me, I'm sure Shep will do the same now. Coils worked great! After I put the fix on him. Grubstake