Since we are picking on groups!

Since we are starting a thread on different things to pick on, how about the POST OFFICE! Everyday I get other peoples mail in my post office box, some is not even close to my box# and some is not even for this town, I get mail transposed. TO: MARICOPA, a town in AZ. and a county in CALIF. instead of Mariposa, CALIF. and I get Mail ranging from p.o. box 745- to 205, when my box # is 654. I think it should be required that postal employee's be able to read and be able to put #'s in order, before being hired. What ever happened to civil service test? Most of the kids, and I say kids that work in the post office are in there 20's. At least up here. Should be schooled and be able to read and write and at least know how to count to 2000, the # of postal box we have up here in Mariposa, CA. My thoughs anyway. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Speaking of the Post Office, they just placed a customers packaged valued at $300 in someone else's PO Box and now it's gone! :( I can't freaking believe it! I guess the customer that opened the box knew it didn't belong to them so just just left the box open and now the package is gone ....

Rob Allison

Yep, when they put someone else's mail in my box, which happens alot. I have to stand in line and give it to them and tell them they put it in the wrong box. I'm sure they put my mail in someone else's box sometimes. Shep sent me something, he's only 38 miles from me. It took 8 days to get here. Funny they used to deliver by pony express mail from ST. Louis MO. to Calif. in 5 days. Times sure have changed. You gov. at work for you! :P:P:angry: Grubstake

Grubstake: I agree with some of what you are saying. I live in Orange County in So. Cal and I don't think I have seen the same postal delivery person on this route for more that 2 months out of the last 2 years.

I know I get an overload of Junk Mail--and its getting into the Holiday season so my wife will be receiving five to ten catalogs a day, plus I will get my share, this method of marketing (receiving unsolicited mail) sometimes anger me and I believe is part on the reason postal rates also climb (as one has to offset the lower cost of bulk mail:

I can remember when we had the same postman for years at a time, we knew his name and he knew us, if he saw something wrong will a letter (stamp missing,etc.) he would knock on the door or bring the letter back and lets us correct it..now it comes back undeliverable etc.etc.

I think there is just to much junk with the good mail and the young people are not attentive enough.

Same thing for e-mails, last year when I tried to make Rye Patch in August I was gone for 14 days, when I got back I had a least 70 e-mails and I don"t know how 90 percent got my address. (fixed that-changed email address and companies-SNORKEL SNORKEL-----

Hows the patch going?, I was planning a trip through Mother Lode, and was going to stop by and introduce myself but have run into a road block so it may have to wait another 2 weeks, hows the weather in late September to Mid October--would this be a good time to take a pleasure trip through there? any help would be appreciated---THANKS Hammer

Hammer,the weather would be between 45-90 degrees by then and some chances of rain,but the last twenty years the rains start end of October to mid november.Highway 49 is very narrow and windy in spots but beautiful scenery and lot's of small interesting mining towns.Be sure to stop at Mariposa's state museum.If you come through Angel's Camp I've some small quartz species for you....Dave

You would think that they could at least get it delivered to the correct state. <_< I think I see part of the problem - look - Ca. & Az both have A's in them. :lol:

Rob - it's unfortunate that who ever has the P.O. box felt they had to open your package then leave it where ever - thats BS

Keep on beeping B) - Frosty

Hammer, SEPT. would be a good time to come through the Motherload, not much rain, cooler for the most part. Let me know a little in advace, Because of all the DR. apionments and such. I have a hunt hunt planed for Brent S in OcT. but its kinda of a special two man hunt. He lives in Palm Springs, and its a very long ways for him to drive. He was up last year, but we didn't get him over any gold. I got two mores spots I can take him this time. So hoping it will be diffferent. PM me when you know for sure, I will give you my ph#. Grubstake

Hammer,

A possible tour with Grubstake AND free small quartz/au specimens from D.W. ........wow!Cant beat that deal!As far as huntin durring Sept. in the MotherLode...get or borrow a wetsuit,grab some plastic vials-metal tweezers-big pry bar and Mask&Snorkel and try your luck at sniping the rivers(American,Yuba,Feather).You have a 100% chance at finding it IN the rivers VERSUS MDing for gold with a "possible maybe" chance of hitting it that way in new country...not knowing where to go.I promise that if ya take the time to try both methods while your in California...greater chances exist for finding it sniping/panning versus MDing.

When the water levels are down in Sept. its a good time to go hit the areas that have been submerged all year.Slamming the bedrock with a hammer or prybar will expose hidden crevices by pushing out brown to grey clouds that indicate the presence of a crevice.If ya see those clouds but no crevice......CLEAN IT ANYWAYS!

In some areas the bedrock actually has been known to conceal nuggets(up to 8 oz'ers!)in bedrock formations that actually swell up & around the AU so much that it gets COMPLETELY covered up or hidden by just the bedrock alone.Some DREDGERS can tell ya how much lies hidden in the ground(bedrock)STILL....... areas that have been previously BLASTED,PRYED,SCRAPED&CLEANED by ChinaMen and others...STILL give it up!Besides that when ya actually see a small nugget underwater...with the sunshine lighting her up...all by herself in a crevice...it just may reveal another trap to hit with your search coil(provided its a water-proof rig of course).I know of a couple of claims on the Amrican&yuba that still are RECHARGED every season from flood waters.

Everybody here knows I pick on one group or another every once in a while.......but this time I will do a generic or general "AAARRRGGHHH!" that covers all the groups that will be complained about and/or groups afore mentioned gruops that already have been complained about......so.....here it goes............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(eh-hem....thanks!)

GOOD LUCK!BIGFOOT

post-774-1156871740_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the information fellows, I have made the trek through the motherlode a number of times but never this late in the year (if I am able to make it) I always find something new and interesting that I have

not seen before or taken the time to check out, it is a big place.

Grubstake: I will certainly contact you before making the trip, Dave thanks for the invitation and I appreciate the PM.

Bigfoot: surely some good information and I learn something from most of your posts, however, at 68 years of age and having a number of physical problems I have to keep my activities in check, I certainly appreciate your encouragement and input, and every once in awhile when all things line up I can surprise myself and have a great day out there--so never give -----Thank all of you. Hammer

Thanks for the information fellows, I have made the trek through the motherlode a number of times but never this late in the year (if I am able to make it) I always find something new and interesting that I have

not seen before or taken the time to check out, it is a big place.

Grubstake: I will certainly contact you before making the trip, Dave thanks for the invitation and I appreciate the PM.

Bigfoot: surely some good information and I learn something from most of your posts, however, at 68 years of age and having a number of physical problems I have to keep my activities in check, I certainly appreciate your encouragement and input, and every once in awhile when all things line up I can surprise myself and have a great day out there--so never give up----Thank all of you. Hammer

Hmmm???---how did I do that :blink::unsure: