Skunked AGAIN!

Shep and I went up the hill patch this morning, looked like we were both going to get the skunk, I started out with the DD joey, and Shep with the Wallaby, by noon we both switched to the Platypus. Shep just managed to nose out a .4 DWT nigget with the Platy, about 8 inches down. I left empty haned. But had fun. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Grubstake and Shep,

Grubstake, you using that stretchy ruler? :P Regardless, the Minelab PI's punch down deep, much deeper in the ground than any VLF.

Good to hear the ORANGE coils are still hitting them up there in the patch. Is the patch getting worked out now? Still waiting to see that big one.

I stuck around home today working on the office, checking inventory for the winter season and working on my CDL. Have to take the driving part of the test on Friday the 13th at 4pm. I don't think anyone wanted that time figuring it was Friday the 13th and during rush hour traffic. :(

Leaverite and Ohio went out prospecting some new locations today. Haven't heard anything from them yet, so they probably hit a patch. :P

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Thanks for the encouragement. Actually, Monday I'm going down for a 2-hour training session to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm not worried about the Pre-Trip or Air Brake Test, but haven't driven a big truck and trailer before. The truck will be automatic and the trailer is about 20-25 foot long from what I'm told. I will know more Monday after I finish the training course.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hope for a long trailer, the longer it is the easyer it is to back. Sounds funny but its true. Air brakes are no prob. either. Hazmat is about the hardest part, but I don't think you need that for what your doing. You should just breeze through it. Grubstake

I guess that shep judges depth like i do the size of a deer. When ever i shoot a buck and my dad and brother call me on the radio to see what i got. I tell them it is a monster. By the time i get over to it some of them seem to lose a few points and size. :lol:

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Grubstake - Nope, I don't need Hazmat or any other endorsements besides Combination. I've heard the same thing, the shorter the trailer the quicker the response time, the longer trailers will move much slower and easier to backup. Wish me luck you old Trucker! :P

Arizona Guide - It's funny how that works, but it's the same for nuggets. I know when I find a decent nugget I get on the 2-way radio and tell everyone I hit a nice one. The nugget might only be a 2 Dwt piece, but it looks like a half ouncer. By the time your friends come over to view it the damn thing shrunk down to a dink!! :rolleyes: At Rich Hill it can be the opposite, the last nice nugget I hit there I thought was about 4-5 Dwt's. A couple of friends said 3-4 Dwt's. After an official weigh in the nugget was 6.8 - 6.9 Dwt's. :o The gold there is just dense as hell.

Take care,

Rob Allison