My new toy

Guest goldstudmuffin

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Rob,

Can you think of any nugget patches that has deep ground that you'd like to remove the overburden? :rolleyes: We build this gannen with a hand lever to raise and lower the blade, it's hooked to my Sportsman 700 EFI with 27" mudders.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Brain,

Thanks for spotting that. I just had a tire repaired at Big-O and I guess they mounted backwards on the wheel. I love the mud and snow tires, they work great in sand, rocks, and of course mud and snow!

Guest goldstudmuffin

The seat is for a second person to lift and lower the blade with the hand lever at the lower right side, and also for weight. It needs some kind of weight to hold down the gannen. We might make a longer handle so the quad rider can lift or lower the gannen without getting off the quad, and then add some dead weight so one person can run it.

Hi Rob,

Can you think of any nugget patches that has deep ground that you'd like to remove the overburden? :rolleyes: We build this gannen with a hand lever to raise and lower the blade, it's hooked to my Sportsman 700 EFI with 27" mudders.

If you are ready to test it I will can be the extra weight....

Great thinking on a design

Iggy

• Admin

Hello StudMuffin,

I know plenty of patches where something like that might work. However, some of them have rocks sticking out of the ground and I doubt the system would work well. That system might work great for going down a sandy wash, but not so well for a rocky area.

P.S. Will that seat hold a big guy like Scotty or I? :unsure:

Scratch a few patches and let me test the GPX-4000 over them! :o

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Rob,

Yes, it will hold you, not sure about lil bro but the seat has two mounts you can't really see in the picture. We might need to put a shock absorber on the seat for Scott. :rolleyes: We may add a couple of ripper teeth for hard dirt or wait for rain! I can think of at least 3 patches with powered dirt with small rock, and at least 2 washes that are sandy and deep... oh yea you haven't been to 6 ounce wash yet, it's very sandy with very little rock on or near the surface and way to deep for a GPX 4000. :D

• Admin

Hello Brother Russ,

I know a few patches that are covered with Ironstones. That system might work well for getting them off the surface and removing a few inches. However, it is legal to just scratch and cherry pick nugget patches? :rolleyes::lol:

Be interesting to see the system work in the field. However, seeing how John B. and you guys dug Greaterville to China and back, do you really need it? :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Brother Rob,

Don't worry about the quad blade it's just for road improvement, besides even if we did use it on a nugget patch it would be very low impact campared to what your doing at the 24K dig! :D:lol: