Sunday's Hunt at Rich Hill

• Admin

Hello All,

Here are some pictures from last Sunday. Finally got to meet a few new faces and some nuggets were even found. :D

Picture 1 - CJ, Bunk, Elly (Queen of Rich Hill) Dennis and Iggy.

Picture 2 - Terry, new GPX-4000 Metal Detector and Rich Hill nugget owner! :D

Picture 3 - My 8 Dwt Slug Nugget.

Picture 4 - My 8 Dwter and (2) nuggets Dennis found.

Had a great time, will post more later tonight.

Rob Allison

That's a great 'ugly boring go ahead 'n give it to me and I'll hide it so you don't have to look at it's ugly puss nuggget' ... I'm surprised you just didn't throw it back... That nugget certainly would make you puke if you looked at it too long :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol: ....If you throw it out on your drive way I'll go ahead and drive down and clean it off so you just don't have such an ugley pukey nugget on your driveway...I'll always look out for you that way, Buddy.... It's ooooonly a half hour drive from the Dubyah now .... :lol::rolleyes::lol: Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah....

• Admin

Hello Guys,

AzNuggetBob - Yep, you know that run too well! :D Couldn't imagine how many pounds of gold that was originally found off that run by the old-timers and early detectorist. :blink:

Uncle Ron - Yep, Rich Hill is much closer now, probably about 35-45 minutes. However, there are a bunch of other spots in the Bradshaw I want to hit this year. Too many spots and too little free time! :( Are you going to be out at Rich Hill this coming Saturday?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Guys,

We did have a great hunt up there Sunday. Terry from Mesa purchased a new Minelab GPX-4000 and we conducted the field instructions on the 24K Club Claims. Spend 2-3 hours with Terry showing him how to run the new detector and then let him loose. I then grabbed my detector and started working in the area to find targets to have him listen to. I only found like three targets, one was a very faint one in the middle of an old patch. Had a good feeling it might be a small nugget. Low and behold, I let Terry come over and check it out and it was a small gold nugget wedged in a crevice.

Iggy was also out there with us. He didn't have his SD2100 at the time, but he did poke around with an older VLF and found some trash targets. I believe Iggy is going to attack the claims this weekend with the new detector! :D

Bunk, now he came out, but he decided it was too cold to hunt. :P I believe Bunk is going to come out Saturday also.

Overall, great hunt and hope to do it again. In a rush, have to work now .... :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob and all,

You guys, Bunk, Iggy, Ron and all, its going to be way too cold and nasty this weekend to mess around rich hill. So you all better stay home and sit by the stove. :o:lol:

And Ron you better stay home and nurse that knee.

Now cold don't bother me much so I'll go over and will let everyone know what was found. ;):lol:

Bob T.

Rob Allison & Others,

I've never been to Rich Hill but it looks like you guys are have fun down there and I'd like to see more "pushes" like this being done ALL OVER the U.S. other than for the "typical" times a Cat is used like Residential Developement,Golf Courses,EPA Offices,BLM Offices,Enviromentalist's Housing&Estates,ForestServiceOffices&Projects that STEAL UP thousands of acres.SCRAPE IT WHILE YA CAN!

BIGFOOT

post-774-1166206539_thumb.jpg

post-774-1166206571_thumb.jpg