Huge pieces of float Copper Nuggets

• Admin

Hello All,

A person contacted me through email and asked about the Coiltek WOT 15-inch coil for the Minelab Explorer. As we got to emailing each other back in forth, the person wasn't really coin/relic hunting, but rather searching for huge pieces of copper float. Take a look at what the customer says and the pictures below -

I found this 142 pound float copper nugget about 2 miles outside of Painesdale Michigan. It was 20 inches deep. This is a relatively

small piece compared to the other photo. My largest to date. My next is 60#, and several 20+ pounders.

The one of my grand daughter Halie (in white) with her friend weighed in at 60k. It was unearthed by an excavating company, and

I believe it was found in Keweenaw County Michigan. That is up on the Keweenaw peninsula (copper country).

It took two good sized excavators to dig it out. It has since been moved. I know it was for sale for 250k. What it ended up

bringing or where it went I don't know.

Hi Rob, cool stuff! That must be worth something? Especially that huge one...ice heads here are stripping wire from freeway lighting and copper gutters from churches. As a matter of fact, a guy recently got electrocuted and died after he fell from a light pole trying to steal the copper wire from a live line! No gold fever here but lots of copper fever!!!

Hi Rob, cool stuff! That must be worth something? Especially that huge one...ice heads here are stripping wire from freeway lighting and copper gutters from churches. As a matter of fact, a guy recently got electrocuted and died after he fell from a light pole trying to steal the copper wire from a live line! No gold fever here but lots of copper fever!!!

hey thats nice heres a pics of the one i found by my home in iowa with a minelab 3000 i think they call it a glacier eratic not sure if thats correct but i guess the glaicer brought it down from the north it weighd 45lbs. Tool

• Admin

Hello Bob and All,

I found some huge copper pieces down South several years ago and heard some of them have a fair amount of silver and gold. Never had an assay done on the ones I have, but know where someone could pick up an easy 100-200 pounds an hour if they wanted. I guess they dubbed these pieces the "Green Turds." Heard they have minimal free copper metal, but the damn things sure are heavy.

Talk to you all later,

Rob Allison

Man, if oxidized copper rocks were worth anything at all, I'd be rich! There's an old abandoned copper mine about 20 minutes away from my house (yeah, I know, I've talked about this again and again. LOLOL) that has nuggets from gram size to hundreds of pounds.

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

Man, if oxidized copper rocks were worth anything at all, I'd be rich! There's an old abandoned copper mine about 20 minutes away from my house (yeah, I know, I've talked about this again and again. LOLOL) that has nuggets from gram size to hundreds of pounds.

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

Copper is going for $3.25 a pound

Iggy

$4.60 in LA

I had a lady who bought some books from me on Ebay, send me some smaller, nice copper/silver nuggets, shined up, from Michigan and Minnesota shores, and they look really nice. Not sure it would be worth being skeeter bait to go there during the summer to find my own