Weekend on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims

• Admin

Hello All,

I spent Saturday and part of Sunday hunting the 24K Club Claims since it was the last push for the season. Saturday a bunch of nice nuggets were found. Several 1/3 ouncers and Jim P. scored a nice 10+ Dwter. I believe there was about 20 nuggets found Saturday.

Sunday morning I had to meet up with a new GPX-4000 customer. Art Graves, Father of Champion World Class Bull Rider, Lee Graves. Art is from part of the Yukon, Canada and plans to run the new GPX-4000 along many miles of the Yukon and joining Rivers.

The weather was great today with a nice mild breeze and cloud cover. I found one small nugget yesterday, but came back today with three decent pieces. The weights of the four nuggets I found were 3.7 Dwts, 1.5 Dwts, 1.1 Dwts & 0.3 Dwts. Almost 1/3 ounce for the weekend.

Good seeing all the guys that were on the claims with weekend, Jim P., Glenn, Dennis, Steve L., Uncle Ron, Charlie, Joan, Chester, Colorado Bob, Nick, Bunk, Rusty and many others I'm probably forgetting ... :(

Jim P., Congrats on breaking your nugget weight record. Was 1/4 ounce, now over 1/2 ounce, next will be .... :huh: 1+ ounce! :o

Bunk - You're kicking butt and taking names now with nuggets.

Some pictures below.

Rob Allison

Hi guys! Nice finds ya got there...last push? Guess it will be too hot to hunt soon! And Rob, glad to see you still raking them in. Way to go!

Hi Jim! It sounds like your trying to infect your Son with the fever! In a few years, we'll probably hear you complaining that you can't hunt today because your Son took your Minelab GPX7000 for the day...lol Nice nugget and glad you're getting out!

Rob and all,

Had a blast out there this W/E!! The 3 I found this W/E brings my total to 8 since the first of the year, not to mention the one flake that I eyebaled on scoured bed rock.

I really want to thank every one that has helped me out this winter.

Bunk

I have a curious question concerning the 24K claims. Are thse claims that people have not been able to go on the ground before? If not why have so many nuggets been missed, they are deeper apparently and the pushes get you within range, but a PI should have been able to pick some up? Don

I have a curious question concerning the 24K claims. Are thse claims that people have not been able to go on the ground before? If not why have so many nuggets been missed, they are deeper apparently and the pushes get you within range, but a PI should have been able to pick some up? Don

Goldman

The 24K club has approx 35 claims but 5 of them are located on the east side of Rich Hill are special. During the cool season we have a bulldozer scrape of 12" of dirt 2 of the 5 claims every 2 weeks. These areas are like virgin areas with no junk. This is why it is so worthwhile to join the 24k

Iggy

• Admin

Hello Goldman,

Actually the club claims have been hit hard in the past, but with newer technology such as the Minelab Pulse Induction Metal Detectors more nuggets are being found at depth. The dozer is a huge help, since many of the nuggets (small and large) are very deep. The Minelab's are finding more than 95% of all the nuggets on and off the pushes on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims.

Last weekend was the last push until the pushes start back towards the end of this year. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say 200-250 nuggets were found just on the pushes alone. Some of the biggest ones reported this seaons were from 1/4 up to 1.8 ounces.

Most of the weekend warriors paid for their membership off the pushes this season.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

There would be a lot of unhappy beepers out there if it wasn't for the 24K dozer. The dozer moved TONS UPON TONS of overburden and opened the door for the detectors. The good news is there's a lot more overburden on the existing pushes and lots of other potential push sites.

I wasn't around all winter but I think 200 to 250 nuggets off the pushes is way low Rob. If every member got only one it would be above that. I know of at least a couple people who have over 30 so far. How many have you found since they started the pushes last fall Rob?

• Admin

Hello Sim,

I think you're right. I just counted my nuggets from the push sites and I have 63. I also missed at least 4 pushes since I had to work. If I would have pushed it hard and not spent any time with members I probably could of had 100 nuggets from the pushes. I prefer to work the pushes a week after they have been hammered. I can work them slow with very little PI cross-talk.

What is your best guess on the nugget count? I'm thinking more along 350-400 now. :o

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Goldman,

I run a mono almost all the time when I'm working over there and have never had to switch to the double-D coil.

There is one exception and that is when you work a push, the first day, you are required to go down to an eleven inch or smaller. Thats about the only time I use it.

Even then, you still get some cross-talk between the PI's.

If you run in the Cancel mode, it will take out most of the crosstalk. I don't usually run in that mode as I seem to lose around 35 to 40% in depth.

Bob T.

Guest cop614

WHEN I LEFT STANTON THIS SPRING WE WERE OVER 700 NUGETTS ON THE 24 K CLUB AND I KNOW A LOT OF FOLKS WONT SAY WHAT THEY FIND

GOOD LUCK TO THE FOLKS THAT CAN STILL GO TO THE 24 K AND HUNT

BACK IN MISSOURI AND NOT LIKEING IT

JIM W

Hey Jim. Heck, what's wrong with MO? I believe over 700 nuggets came off those pushes. I pretty much mind my own business but I saw a lot of digging going on at the few pushes I was there for. People weren't jumping up and down. They were quietly digging away and some of them weren't moving much.

I should get a chance to go over each push wih my new GP Extreme before I get out of here. When all I had was the Gold Bug 2 I couldn't work the red or the green soil. It was too hot. It sure worked good on that 56 grammer out of the blue grey soil though.

Rob, I know you are good but if you think you got 25% of all the nuggets Jim has a claim in MO he'll sell ya.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I'm not sure anyone knows the true number count of gold nuggets found this season. Many are sneaky and don't like to share their finds, while others really enjoy to tell others. I'm one that loves to show a nugget(s). I believe it gives everyone encouragement and motivation. :P

The pushes are great for two reason; some nuggets can be found by just about anyone, while others are deep and take a bit more experience and a good beeper to locate them. Many of the larger nuggets have been found near the surface and anyone getting their searchcoil over them would find them. To some degree beginners have the same chance as some of the better metal detectorist.

I prefer to hunt the pushes a few days after the opening date. This allows me to come back and hunt the area real slow and locate nuggets at depth. Close to half my nuggets have been found at depth and overlooked by many due to the faint signal response.

I prefer to use a Mono Searchoil on the pushes since it gets the most depth in the "sweet spot." Mono's are also a bit more sensitive over a DD or DD Pro of the same size.

As for 1/4 the total finds, I sure wish I could claim that! :D If that was the case I would have 100-200 nuggets in my poke. What I know is I'm happy with the 63 nuggets I found this season on the claims. I spent more time BSing and helping others. Next season I'm going to hit it hard since I wont be in charge of Seminars and such. Lets see who will step up to the plate and dedicate majority of their time with the members rather than hunting .... :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Congrats. to all the lucky ones the last couple of weeks. Wish I could have been there for the last push, so I could have joined in on the fun. Went to Mexico with the wife and kids, so had a swell time as well. Getting ready to leave on my vacation next week. I will be hunting Meteorites at Glorieta and several other locations for 4 to 5 days then up to Oregon to hunt for the remaining Gold coins found on my Step dads ranch. Then some nugget hunting in Eastern Oregon and Nevada on the way back to AZ.