READING MY FATHERS POSTS... "JOHN S"P.S. i miss u dad

Hello Amanda, Yes you know life is short, most of us take it for granted, and don't value what we have, until it is gone. My Daughter lost her Mom in April due to long term lung cancer, we have been divorced for 25 years, and I'm married to her sister, for the last 14 years. My daughter was a meth addict, for a long time and really gave both her mother and I a hard life. But now she's been clean for 3 years. I had to bury her mother, no insurance and no one else had anyway to get the money up. Value what you have when and while you have it. JJ was a very liked guy. You should be proud of how how many friends he had, thats the true value of a person, and your dad was Very wealthy. Grubstake

Hello Amanda,

Your Dad is missed by all of us , our outings are just quite not the same without our friends that we lost over the past few years . Your Dad always had some new story to tell about his treasure hunting adventures down south and the Old Spanish signs and symbols he had located and with his determination he would have found one too.

Take Care and cherish the Great Things you remember about him !

Hi Amanda,

Prior to joining the forum, I 'lurked' here for awhile and I read many of your fathers posts with great interest. He had a knowledge about many things that "others in life", without getting to know him would just pass off, and politely say ......have a nice day!

I never met your father in person but in retropect 'I did', through the words that HE wrote via the forum. B) Many of us here are wayward strangers so to speak in not yet being able to "shake a howdy" in person but there is a bond between us regardless. :)

I can say one thing, he laid a foundation to build on, and His Hand will always be by your side.

Take Care,

Gary

Welcome Amanda, rest assured we all feel for you. John was a great guy and fun to be around. We all miss him. I took the Pic you posted, it was at Rich Hill at one of the outings. He found that nugget not too far from where the "Oreo" nugget came from. Hang in there. Later...Jim P.

Reading your post brings a tear and many memories to my mind. The one time I met your father was the day he found that nice piece at Rich Hill...from many yards away I heard his voice, "I found Gold!...

G**Damn, I found Gold!!!"

Fred

WHAT YOU JUST WROTE FRED ..BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES..BUT I ALSO LAUGHED ..BECAUSE I CAN PICTURE MY FATHER SAYING THEM EXACT WORDS... "G** DAMN I FOUND GOLD"..

HE WAS A FUNNY MAN..BUT AS HIS DAUGHTER HE WOULD DO HIS BEST TO EMBARASS ME WHEN I WAS GROWING UP..JUST TO MENTION A FEW..MY DAD WOULD WEAR SPEEDOS TO THE LAKE WHEN I WAS TEEN AND WOULD MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNEW I WAS HIS DAUGHTER..I THINK MY POPS REALLY THOUGHT HE WAS SEXY IN THOSE SPEEDOS.HE WOULD COME OUT TO THE SKATELAND AND BEING YELLING MY MIDDLE NAME WHICH I HATED ,AND DANCING LIKE SOME NUT..BACK THEN I WANTED TO RUN AND HIDE ..BUT NOW I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO BE DANCING WITH HIM.....

Hello Amanda, Yes you know life is short, most of us take it for granted, and don't value what we have, until it is gone. My Daughter lost her Mom in April due to long term lung cancer, we have been divorced for 25 years, and I'm married to her sister, for the last 14 years. My daughter was a meth addict, for a long time and really gave both her mother and I a hard life. But now she's been clean for 3 years. I had to bury her mother, no insurance and no one else had anyway to get the money up. Value what you have when and while you have it. JJ was a very liked guy. You should be proud of how how many friends he had, thats the true value of a person, and your dad was Very wealthy. Grubstake

THANK YOU GRUBSTAKE...SOUNDS LIKE YOU AND MY FATHER ,HAD A LOT IN COMMON "WHEN IT COMES TO THE FAMILY LIFE...MY FATHER HAD HIGH HOPES FOR ME... I WILL TRY TO MY MY FATHER PROUD .AS IM SURE YOU ARE VERY PROUD OF YOUR DAUGHTER....IM PROUD OF HER..3YRS.IS SOMETHING TO BE HONORED... AMANDA

Yes Amanda, I'm proud of her, I'm glad she finally got her act together, I was afraid she would die, she tried to kill herself a few times. We are closer now, that she is off the drugs, infact she will be here this weekend, so we can spend some time together. Funny I don't drink, never have, or nor have I ever done any drugs. It was love that blinded me to her being on drugs, I never stoped loving her, and since her mother passed in April, it has only let her see that, through the rough times family needs each other. she's 30 years old and I want her to have a long happy life. but the guy she is married to and has 4 kids by is a real dip. I don't know if he will ever straighten up. He has 4 wonderful kids, and needs to look to there future. Take care and always think good thoughs about your dad. he's the one that gave you life and left you a legacy of friends. Grubstake

Yes Amanda, I'm proud of her, I'm glad she finally got her act together, I was afraid she would die, she tried to kill herself a few times. We are closer now, that she is off the drugs, infact she will be here this weekend, so we can spend some time together. Funny I don't drink, never have, or nor have I ever done any drugs. It was love that blinded me to her being on drugs, I never stoped loving her, and since her mother passed in April, it has only let her see that, through the rough times family needs each other. she's 30 years old and I want her to have a long happy life. but the guy she is married to and has 4 kids by is a real dip. I don't know if he will ever straighten up. He has 4 wonderful kids, and needs to look to there future. Take care and always think good thoughs about your dad. he's the one that gave you life and left you a legacy of friends. Grubstake

TELL HER TO BE CAREFULL.HER BOYFRIEND CAN MAKE HER RELAPSE IF HE ISNT LIVING LIFE ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW.IS HE GOOD TO HER???

No he is not, and she is married to him. lets just put it this way, if I new I was going to die tomarrow, I'd shoot him today. But he's not worth the price of a bullit and the powder to do that. Grubstake

I LIKE YOU..MY DAD WOULD SAY THE SAME THING..AMANDA