Prospecting Rich Hill Today

• Admin

Hello All,

This morning Leaverite and I met up with Jim P., Mike K. (AZ4AU) & Glenn on the 24K Gold Hunters Club. The first part of the day we all kind of wondered around on the old pushes. Leaverite and I weren’t having much luck, so I decided to check out a spot that was rumored a small patch.

Leaverite and I didn't find any detector digs, but the old-timers worked a small section and there was some good looking quartz float. I walked around a bit and examined the ground. I finally found a spot that looked good and turned the detector on. After three swings I hit a small gold nugget about an inch or so deep.

I ran over and got Leaverite so we both could double-team the area. For about an hour or so we both wondered around and circled where I found the gold nugget. We found some trash, but not another piece of gold. I sure hate those "One Nugget Patches!"

The area sure looks good, so I find it hard to believe that was it ....

(Pictured Below) Nugget on left is the one I found today. Nugget on the right is a small one Leaverite found during the week in the Bradshaw's.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Nice nugget Rob,

Good to see you guys having fun........giving the pushs a once over , before they get closed again (for the doser)

Until I get this leg healed up, I'm not going up swinging.............It is getting better.....see you guys Sat. 13 on the east side of Rich Hill at 1:00...................

Rob, Are you going to post or call us when the new platypus mono coils come in?....So we can come over and pick them up..............wonderer

• Admin

Hello Steve,

Yes, I will be calling everyone once the Platypus searchcoils arrive. They are in route right now. I believe the price is $229 for the new Coiltek Platypus Mono Searchcoil.

Also, Glenn found a nice 28 grain (1.2 Dwt) gold nugget on the West side pushes Sunday. He found a nugget close to this one several months ago with the GP3000, but missed the one he found Sunday. He claims the GPX-4000 was getting better depth and missed the one with the GP3000.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Glenn, congratalations on the nugget :) , what coil were you using on your new 4000? <_< ...............................................

Thanks for the answer Rob,.......... To think I almost got a DD Platypus :o ......the mono one should give a little more depth, I'm glad Coiltek added this coil to there collection..........................wonderer

• Admin

Hello Wonderer,

The Coiltek Platypus Mono will give better depth and sensitivity. It's going to be interesting to see how this coil works on the pushes. The minute I get my test coil I'm going to give it a whirl and see how it runs on my GPX-4000. I'm expecting good results.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Glenn,

I got a slightly used 17 Wallaby DD from a guy in Texas (think it will be the biggest coil I'll want to swing) & been practicing with it on push #1 earlyier this summer on cloudy days.........................I've got a lot to learn about its use ;) ..............I thought since you had bought a 4000 & people have been raving about how well it works (on the forums) with monos you might have switched to a differant coil......but you are right why change if the Wallaby DD is getting the GOLD :);) - - - - - - - -wonderer

• Admin

Hello Wonderer,

From what I've found out by experimenting, is that you can run DD's and DD Pro's with a high Gain with very little noise on the GPX-4000. There might be some areas where a "Mono" might struggle with a higher Gain, so a DD might be worth a try and running it a bit hotter. This is one of the great things about a GPX-4000, you have a lot more control over different settings than prior models.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Well Rob,

By the time I saved up enought money, the GPX - 4500 would be out :( .................getting th GP-3500 and all these acceseries to round it out has kept me in the poor house :o:lol: ....Glad the Platypus mono coils are coming in, it will give me some time to practice with it (at a local area) & see its potential ....... before the pushs on the 24K.... since this will probley be my last coil for awhile..............maybe I'll start saving up for an upgrade in the future <_< - - - - - - - Expeculy since I don't have a significant other nagging me about my spending habits or that I have to ask permission to buy it :o:o:blink::lol::lol:.....wonderer