Bates non-metalic boot sale

I just bought a pair after calling Bates last week to confirm that these are security/metal detector friendly boots and a known name brand for $35 + shipping + tax if you are in CA.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/bates.html

They came by UPS tonight and I can't wait to take them out and get them dirty. They seem pretty rugged and ready for some abuse.

I just bought a pair after calling Bates last week to confirm that these are security/metal detector friendly boots and a known name brand for $35 + shipping + tax if you are in CA.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/bates.html

They came by UPS tonight and I can't wait to take them out and get them dirty. They seem pretty rugged and ready for some abuse.

Thanks, CaptGrumpy

I just bought myself the same said, boots, great deal!!! :D:P:D

Skip

Ol 29'er recommended some LA gear boots a couple months ago and I bought a pair...Desert sand color...When I first got them I didn't care for the fact that the tongue wasn't gusseted so I got dirt inside whenever I dug nuggets (and boot tacks :lol: ) ... I do have to say that Bob steered me right on these boots ...They sort of are like hunting the hills in ballet slippers...Good traction and extremely light...Good foot and ankle support ... I've got the soles half wore out, but I do that on all my boots...I don't care for the unique and readily identifiable foot print they leave... But despite the several downside to these boots, they are very light, comfortable and provide great traction on all but the most severe hillside climbing condition and they've carried me to some very good gold and other finds...Thanks, Bob...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Capt. Grumpy,

Looks like a good rugged boot for prospecting. I've seen a few guys wearing them, but haven't heard how they fit. I'm still wearing the waterproof Bates boots with the agressive traction on the bottom.

Let me know how you like them. I doubt they have my size in stock.

Take care,

Rob Allison