I'm Back Grubstake

Well the day before thanksgiving, I headed to my uncle Allens house in Monterey, I packed up his truck, while he was working, we had a invite to hunt with Trinityau, and were leaving to go up on Thanksgiving day, Shep and Miner Matt were also coming up, we got up there about 11 am and set up camp, Shep and Matt showed up about an hour behind us. We hunted until almost dark, not gold that day, the next morning, Ray showed up and took us to another spot, Shep got one about 3 1/2 DWT and Matt got a smaller one. My uncle and I struck out, but this is no easy place to hunt, it used to be a firing range for the National guard, BULLITS< BULLITS< BULLITS. Everywhere, lots of digging. This morning my uncle and I drove home, and Shep and Matt are still up there hunting today and leaving tomarrow. We had fun, its a great area, lots of old diggins. But we just struck out. I hope matt and Shep did good today in the new place, Ray{Trinityau got 4 nuggets yesterday, one that would be close to 4 DWT or better and three smaller ones. Thanks Ray for having us up. We enjoyed it. Grubstake

Bummer grub no nuggs for you least as a group you didn't get skunked.

I got skunked Friday did an all dayer just about with acron in mariposa then today with Fred at hunters v road and then in bear v we did no good. I got a bag full of square nails this weekend BUT the scenery is what you have to take home sometimes, I'm also a fisherman and used to skunks quite often unfortunately :angry: .

Better luck next week.

Wish I new you were up here would loved to met you guy's, I live in Lewiston. Haven't met Ray yet ether :(

Had a couple more heart attacks, and two more stentz. Got out of Shasta Regonal That Tuesday.

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Thanks for the detailed report on the trip. Sure wish I could have been there with you guys. Would like to meet Ray in person someday.

Big Ed - Damn, hope everything is ok now. Wishing you a speedy recovery on your health my friend. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks for always contributing on the forums.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yeh Rob it was fun, even though my uncle and I both got the skunk, and Matt and Shep just bearly sqweeked by. Just a word, That High Desert group, is bad news, we saw there vehilcles, and Quad trailers, where Quads were not allowed. BLM and others are watching them closely. They give us legal detectorist a bad name. I don't intend on having anything todo with them. And I would use good judgement if you do. We talked to the Game wardens ourself and its just a matter of time before someone is going to jail. Grubstake